Resident Evil 2 remake

Chindie

A completely bizarre resurgence for Resident Evil probably deserves a topic. Resi 7 is incredibly well regarded and this remake of 2 looks astounding.

I'm not the biggest fan of the series, I've completed REmake on the GC and I've bought 4 about 3 times (and hated it every time), but I'm down for this new REmake.

@villarule123 REmake is still very playable but you have to remember it's a very old game underneath (it's basically the original game from 96 with some fancy paint on top). It's nothing like any modern game really, with clunky controls (tank style!) and fixed perspective design. Still looks surprisingly good mind and it's a classic for a reason. Also the addition of crimson head zombies is inspired.

Edited by Chindie

Adored the R1 remake (No tank controls yay!) So will definitely be picking this up on release.

I bought 7 recently and it genuinely unnerves me to the point I've only played about an hour so far ?

loved the series, i would put it up there with final fantasy as my playstation heydays when i got properly addicted to gaming, played the RE 2 demo to death, bought a gamecube for remake and 0, loved 4 but as i said in the E3 thread the racoon city setting of 2 is better , 5 wasnt as bad as people made out (it just wasnt 4) and 6 was utter garbage (hence why i havent played 7 still despite the new direction) 

i cant wait for this, im close to saying this is going to be better than the FF7 remake

A better trailer for you guys. The one shown on stage was an older build and isn't even close to representative of the final code. Not sure why they chose to show a super old build on stage in front of millions watching around the world, but I guess they thought it was the better trailer? 

watched some gameplay videos, the torch addition looks awesome, i like how they have slightly tweaked stuff, i think this game will feel very familiar very quickly for me so a few things moving about will be good (same as REmake 1)

The only things that concern me are how much it plays like RE4, because I've never got on with it. Also I saw one reaction that said there was lag in the controls that would be a worry.

I don't normally get on with survival horror but I'm up for this.

I never played RE2 as I had a Saturn back in the day.  By the time I got around to buying a PS1 RE2 was pretty old so it totally passed me by, but for some reason I'm kinda interested in this. 

@Chindie It was either lag with the controls or lag induced by the display which feels about the same typically.

The issue with show floor demos is some just aren't set up well. I recall playing Far Cry 5 on the show floor at EGX and it was unplayable, I told the PR guy and he was like "I can assure you it's not the game, but something isn't right". It turned out game mode hadn't been turned on so I was sat 1ft away from a massive 40 inch display with 100's of milliseconds of delay on the image. It wasn't a pleasant experience I can tell you that, but the PR guy was 100% correct as it wasn't the game, it was just whoever set up the demos didn't make sure the optimal settings had been checked on the display. 

I would assume given that it's on the RE Engine which has had no issue running on current gen already that it's likely a display issue at the event. There is nothing in the RE2 footage that should be taxing the systems any more than RE7 would have. 

Edited by Daweii

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Looks like it plays like RE4 so not sure about this, will buy anyway as RE2 is one of my all time favourites.

It is over the shoulder like RE4, but it's not an action game and it has no action set pieces. The camera choice was to make it feel claustrophobic which I feel it does based on all the footage online. 

22 minutes ago, Daweii said:

It is over the shoulder like RE4, but it's not an action game and it has no action set pieces. The camera choice was to make it feel claustrophobic which I feel it does based on all the footage online. 

That's true, just saw 20 mins of gameplay on youtube and it looks great.

12 hours ago, Daweii said:

I wonder how many times something will be behind you when you turn around....

On 19/06/2018 at 10:12, Dante_Lockhart said:

I wonder how many times something will be behind you when you turn around....

All the time. It won't even be scripted events either, it's just going to be that lone zombie you didn't know what there creeping up on you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well they are doing it as a full(ish) priced title :

Released Jan 25th 2019

Standard edition £44.99

Digital pre-order bonus:

Deluxe Weapon: "Samurai Edge - Chris Model"
Deluxe Weapon: "Samurai Edge - Jill Model"

Deluxe edition £52.99

Digital pre-order bonus:

Deluxe Weapon: "Samurai Edge - Chris Model"
Deluxe Weapon: "Samurai Edge - Jill Model"

The Deluxe Edition contains the main game, along with the following items:

Leon Costume: "Arklay Sheriff"
Leon Costume: "Noir"
Claire Costume: "Military"
Claire Costume: "Noir"
Claire Costume: "Elza Walker"
Deluxe Weapon: "Samurai Edge - Albert Model"
"Original Ver." Soundtrack Swap

Only version I'm getting of this is the Deluxe Edition, I want all those costumes and the Original Soundtrack for my second play-through.

Hopefully the game still has in-game unlockable costumes just for the nostalgia of it all, but I don't have high hopes for that when they can sell costumes. 

Â