World Cup 2018 Betting

imavillan

14 hours ago, Genie said:

If you’re familiar with matched betting you can turn that £100 Free bet into guaranteed £75/£80 cash.

Yeah I've done some matched betting before so did have a think about that last night, but decided not to.  When's the next time I'll get £100 of free bets to have fun with?

Have put £20 of it on Uruguay to score in each half and to have over 1.5 corners in each half at 6/1.  Will be a nice £100 if that comes in.

50 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Yeah I've done some matched betting before so did have a think about that last night, but decided not to.  When's the next time I'll get £100 of free bets to have fun with?

Have put £20 of it on Uruguay to score in each half and to have over 1.5 corners in each half at 6/1.  Will be a nice £100 if that comes in.

:(

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

:(

So, is that 40 on the homophobes? ( Uruguay)?

Edited by AJ

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

Normally Suarez doesn't hit the side netting and that's £100.  Such is sport!

It’s why the bookies make so much money, as unusual things happen quite a lot (I know that doesn’t make sense).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

It’s why the bookies make so much money, as unusual things happen quite a lot (I know that doesn’t make sense).

It's also why I decided against matched betting for that £100.  I'd never whack £20 of real money on something like that.

I've got £100 free bet credits at Bet365 and was going to use it for matched betting, but doing what NV has is tempting.  Currently though he's probably giving me good reason to play it safe!   Doing other bits of MB during the tournament too.

I stuck a few small bets on for top scorer: glad Dembélé is starting for France today because I've got £2 on him @ 219/1.  Unlikely but he has it in him to get a few so thought it a worthwhile punt.  Also stuck  a couple of quid on Costa (28/1), Mertens (109/1), Willian (409/1) and Higuain (84-1 but I'm less confident on that one!)

19 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Today I’ve got Griezeman, Messi and Manduzic all to score 

Its a good one IMO.

Was thinking about penaly takers and VAR which is sort of on the same lines.  We might get more (or less) penalties and the bookies may not have priced it in to the correct extent. (Where the ref is unsighted as an example , this will now go VAR >?)

Is the a way to find out each teams usual penaly taker❓

Decided to have a couple of bets on Denmark v Peru.

Eriksen to score anytime - £20 @ 23/10 

Denmark to score in each half and over 1.5 corners in each half - £20 @ 7/1

Could be another £40 of my free bets wasted, or could be a tidy earner.  Peru not great defensively in qualifying and Eriksen has scored 16 in his last 18 caps.

3 hours ago, penguin said:

Just had a bit on a penalty to be taken in the Croatia Nigeria game at 3/1.

Been one in every game today so far, seem a lot more likely with VAR.

I’ll take that!

Wonder if they’ll start dropping the odds on there being a pen.

Edited by penguin

40 minutes ago, penguin said:

I’ll take that!

Wonder if they’ll start dropping the odds on there being a pen.

Sky have got different prices in every game tomorrow, wouldn't be surprised if they are dropped more as the competition goes on. VAR means there are likely to be far more given

They have: (in order of Costa Rica - Germany - Brazil games)

A penalty taken 3/1 - 21/10 - 9/4

2+ Penalties taken 28/1 - 18/1 - 20/1

Penalty Scored 4/1 - 3/1 - 3/1

Penalty missed 14/1 - 11/1 - 11/1

+ a bunch of individual tesm odds & 1st/2nd half etc

Still works out as a nice treble if tomorrow follows today. £5 on a penalty in every game would get you £201.50 back

Edited by LakotaDakota

Â