limpid

8 minutes ago, Fight Like Lions said:

I know it’s only preseason but De Laet was the only positive thing in an otherwise boring and frustratingly familiar Villa performance. 

Our defence looks weak, can’t believe we are considering letting Chester go. Difficult to see where the goals are going to come from once we get into a competitive league season too. 

May as well give up I reckon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Only on VT could a 4-0 win be greeted like this. 

Maybe but having watched the 90mins that’s my honest opinion. Burton couldn’t hit a barn door otherwise they would have had at least a couple of goals, possibly more. Pre season isn’t the be all and end all but there wasn’t much creativity on show today at all, with the exception of our 4th goal. Will be interesting to see how we do against a better team in midweek. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Only on VT could a 4-0 win be greeted like this. 

If we can't muster a smile after winning 4-0 in a pre-season then we might as well shut the club down and sell off the land. :D

On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 03:03, Fight Like Lions said:

Maybe but having watched the 90mins that’s my honest opinion. Burton couldn’t hit a barn door otherwise they would have had at least a couple of goals, possibly more. Pre season isn’t the be all and end all but there wasn’t much creativity on show today at all, with the exception of our 4th goal. Will be interesting to see how we do against a better team in midweek. 

thought the second goal was pretty creative by Lansbury with a good through ball to Adomah who made a nice run in behind the defenders...

third goal was a classy run

scored all 4 goals from open play and didn't concede... I didn't watch the game but it cant have been that bad??

3 hours ago, Skills said:

thought the second goal was pretty creative by Lansbury with a good through ball to Adomah who made a nice run in behind the defenders...

third goal was a classy run

scored all 4 goals from open play and didn't concede... I didn't watch the game but it cant have been that bad??

Have a read through the thread, seems I’m not the only one who felt it was a poor performance but because I didn’t include ‘Bruce’ or ‘tactics’ it’s been taken that I was unhappy with a 4-0 win. A 4-0 win even in preseason is great but I feel there is still a lot of work to do over the next couple of weeks.

First half was poor to be fair though nice to see Kodjia get another goal. We were all over the place at the back but given we were playing Hutton and Taylor as CBs its not exactly surprising. It's pre season if we don't experiment with new formations now then when?

Second half was good, honestly cant see what there is to complain about. 

Oh yeah and it was a bleeding pre season, we won 4-0 and everyone got a bit more fitness. Job done. It's probably best to keep the moaning powder dry for when the season starts. 

It will surely be needed at some stage then. 

Edited by villaglint

Â