Kidderminster Harriers v Villa

limpid

20 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I... don’t recognise one of those subs.

Wasn't Ramsey that mental Geezer out of Game of Thrones. Should be great to Psych out the opposition. 

Went to the game today, will give you some insight how the team played. It was a bit of a scrappy game and had the feel of a pre-season game with minimal effort in places from both teams.

Bunn - Didn't have a lot to do but when he did he was less than convincing. I would be very worried if he were to be our number one next season, however as a number two he is more than capable.

Taylor - Decent game from Taylor, he got forward well and was rarely found out of position, something he was guilty of a fair bit last season.

Elphick - Played well when called upon, the one thing I noticed with him was that he coached Suliman through the whole game continuously talking to him. Could be what we need next season especially with youngsters in the mix.

Suliman - Very shaky first half in which he looked terrified and made a few mistakes. Grew into the game though second half and looked fairly assured, will have done him some good getting most of the game under his belt.

Hutton - As usual Hutton was immense, solid at the back and plenty of marauding runs forward. Looked desperate to stick one in the net first half and came close.

Gardner - Disappointing performance. Gave the ball away in some silly places and never had a firm grip on the game in the midfield. Possibly down to being lax in the first pre-season game of the season but I expected a bit more from him.

Lansbury - Read the above... he was pretty poor and lacked any real movement in the middle of the park. Again it could be a cause of not being bothered in pre-season, but he's another player who should have a point to prove.

Clarke - A bit of a shaky start with some mis-placed passes but as with Suliman he grew into the game. By far the most lively of the centre midfielders and looks like a talented lad.

Adomah - Average performance from Adomah really, started the game up front and then moved out to the right. Didn't do much wrong but wasn't involved heavily. Cut in from the right a few times and looked fairly dangerous.

Grealish - As we said so many times last season, the stand out performer. Head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch. Takes the ball wherever he is and seems to hold onto it for as long as he wants before gliding past 2 or 3 players as if they aren't there. Setup the goal well and played wherever he was needed, LM CM ST. We struggled with any real creativity as soon as he went off the pitch with 20 minutes to go. I hope today wasn't the last time I see him in a Villa shirt.

Knibbs - First time I have seen him and he looks an exciting prospect. Quick and not afraid to go at players, just needs to build himself up a little and we could have another decent young striker on our hands. Took his goal well and could have had another two during the afternoon.

Match report, everyone except Grealish spent 90 minutes going from side to side, monotonous and dull.

i was impressed with Clark  and Knibbs, both have promise, but playing 4-5-1 is going to painful to watch this year.  

If/when Grealish goes I worry where the creativity is going to come from

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Gardner - Disappointing performance. Gave the ball away in some silly places and never had a firm grip on the game in the midfield. Possibly down to being lax in the first pre-season game of the season but I expected a bit more from him.

Lansbury - Read the above... he was pretty poor and lacked any real movement in the middle of the park. Again it could be a cause of not being bothered in pre-season, but he's another player who should have a point to prove.

Only watched the first half but it was the Lansbury I have seen ever since he got here and I am more than worried he might actually have to play this season.

Didn't affect the game, didn't show any real mobility, cutting edge or urgency,  just pinged the ball about a bit and tried to play with a cigar on.

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Only watched the first half but it was the Lansbury I have seen ever since he got here and I am more than worried he might actually have to play this season.

Didn't affect the game, didn't show any real mobility, cutting edge or urgency,  just pinged the ball about a bit and tried to play with a cigar on.

That's a shame, in the five minutes or so that I watched he had a good run in to the box, I can't remember if it was Grealish or Knibbs with the ball when he made it, but would've been an excellent chance on goal had they played him in.

I have to say that was the best food I have eat at a football ground, well done Kiddi.

Nothing really to gleam from the match apart from Grealish is going to be a massive miss, and a Lansbury/Gardner midfield combination is not setting the pulse racing. 

I think we all want to get to the start of August to see how badly the squad is going to be gutted. Until then I have no idea what the reasonable expectation for the  the season is going to be.

Â