limpid

I know its only our first pre-season match, with the first team and academy players mixed together but a few thoughts

Kodjia looked sharp but didn't interact with Davis at all - neither linked up together and it was a bit like playing two lone strikers

Good to see Green back, again he looked fit but will have to cease checking his runs and passing the ball backwards every time. Hopefully his confidence at taking his man on will return once he gains full fitness. 

Was impressed with Mitch Clark, James Bree and Richie De Laet and thought Bedeau looked promising whilst on the pitch. 

Hourihane and Whelan both kept the game ticking in midfield nicely.

We can't really judge much on the performance but a win is a win, which is probably the most positive news the club has had since the end of the season. 

• Like 1

Pleasant enough afternoon. Agree with most of what has already been said re Kodija & Davis having no chemistry at all. You would expect Davis to stand out against a team like this but he really didn't. Nothing like some of his performances last year.

Thought the best player on the pitch in the 2nd half was the Telford #17 Adam Dawson, He only came on for the last 30 minutes or so but everything then went through him and he was everywhere. Some of the kids really didn't look comfortable when he started running at them

Edited by LakotaDakota

21 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Steer, Bree, Chester, Bedeau, Clark, De Laet, Whelan, Hourihane, Green, Davis, Kodjia.

SUBS: Sarkic, Revan, C Taylor, Ige, Birch, Pastorek, Mooney, Tait, Guy, Sea

I have seen the future of our squad...

(edit ... maybe minus Kodj)

Edited by briny_ear

On 14/07/2018 at 17:02, theboyangel said:

Great grandson (probably ;) )

(He's actually the son of the ex small heath player Tommy Mooney)

Mooney out 

On 14/07/2018 at 17:02, theboyangel said:

Great grandson (probably ;) )

(He's actually the son of the ex small heath player Tommy Mooney)

My Dad was an ex semipro player, and called Tommy Mooney (and he halfheartedly supported small heath). At my daughter's school, the football team played in claret and blue, and their star player was called Tommy Mooney. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

There was a brief chorus of " We're gonna win the league" after the first goal went in, It made Bruce chuckle.

I bet he was, that's one stored for later that I am sure he will dig out when expectations are questioned.

Â