CEO Vacancy - who's next ?

hippo

2 hours ago, hippo said:

I don't think SR does a lot in his current role IMO he was marginilsed by Wyness and Bruce. I think his remit will grow as will that of Luke Organ - I don't see another CEO coming in anytime soon.

What are you basing that on?

Edited by mikeyp102

We need someone that is capable real footballing decisions.

Keeping Bruce will be to our detriment because he does not fit into our long term plan.

This Villa engine malarky, does this still exist or has it left with Wyness?

I have no faith in Xia to bring in a good CEO because Xia knows very little about football.

Luke Organ should not be in that position because he is not a football man, he is a commercial executive.

Xia's poor decisions has brought this club to shit. 

And until he leaves and we have an owner that can bring in their own CEO, we are pretty much stuffed.

• Like 1

On 15/06/2018 at 22:09, Reivax_Villa said:

We need someone that is capable real footballing decisions.

Keeping Bruce will be to our detriment because he does not fit into our long term plan.

This Villa engine malarky, does this still exist or has it left with Wyness?

I have no faith in Xia to bring in a good CEO because Xia knows very little about football.

Luke Organ should not be in that position because he is not a football man, he is a commercial executive.

Xia's poor decisions has brought this club to shit. 

And until he leaves and we have an owner that can bring in their own CEO, we are pretty much stuffed.

Think you're right about Xia's decision making being poor in regards to appointments.

I don't think he's identified the right people to take the club forward, or developed a culture where leadership believe in the vision to the point of making sure objectives are attained.

This is largely Wyness' responsibility though, and for that reason I don't agree with the notion that they have to be a football man.

He wants 6 million payout for essentially overseeing a plan whereby we fail to hit our targets and waste valuable resource. So much for being a football man.

The Villa Engine seems to be a vague ideology based more on the appeasing of supporters than any concrete methodology as to how the club will run or how the football will be played.

If Wyness and Xia had invested a little more caution and rationale in to the clubs operation they would have shown a better understanding of the environment specific and unique to Aston Villa. A model for success better tailored to the club might've yielded more favourable results at a lesser price.

One thing that I think Xia has done is pursue 'football men'. Without being privy to the events and discussions that took place I can only guess that Xia has heaped a lot of faith on his 'football men' to get it right. Wyness to run the club. Di Matteo and Bruce to employ the players they want and win the football.

None of whom took the initiative or showed the leadership to say, this clubs got some financial considerations and obligations that need meeting, I'll factor that in to my approach.

Which simply showed a lack of understanding for the club but as importantly a lack of integrity and care for the job at hand.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I hear Keith Wyness is looking for work. Did a sterling job at Everton and Aberdeen as well as some other club I forget...

That but no thanks Keith. 

Â