CEO Vacancy - who's next ?

hippo

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This thread amuses me because people are actually pretending they know what the **** a CEO of a football club does and who would be good at it :D 

Some of us have and have had several CEO's/Chairmen as clients thank you very much Stevo!

In all seriousness, I hope we get new owners. It is our only way out of this mess. Interim CEO can be Organ for all I care.

Just now, omariqy said:

Some of us have and have had several CEO's/Chairmen as clients thank you very much Stevo!

In all seriousness, I hope we get new owners. It is our only way out of this mess. Interim CEO can be Organ for all I care.

You can rephrase my post as "some people" then ;) 

• Like 1

The obvious choice would be someone who knows football and the dealings that go with it.

We need a CEO who can basically negotiate well

The likes of Hogan lansbury and a few others were nowhere near what they on now at their club.  This is when wyness should have said no to these players. Hogan was probably on 10k at Brentford...wyness should have said Scott.. you can have 15k or go back to Brentford.

Maybe if he did this to a few of the other players...the problem we have now wouldn't be as bad if we did this better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bazmonkey said:

The obvious choice would be someone who knows football and the dealings that go with it.

We need a CEO who can basically negotiate well

The likes of Hogan lansbury and a few others were nowhere near what they on now at their club.  This is when wyness should have said no to these players. Hogan was probably on 10k at Brentford...wyness should have said Scott.. you can have 15k or go back to Brentford.

Maybe if he did this to a few of the other players...the problem we have now wouldn't be as bad if we did this better.

Totally agree.

I am absolutely certain the likes of Hourihane, Hogan and Lansbury would have agreed to come and play for a club like ours for a lot less than their purported salaries.   If we are the biggest club Bruce has managed we are sure as hell the biggest club they will get to play at and should jump at the opportunity.

• Like 1

On 07/06/2018 at 12:06, sidcow said:

If we are definitely not for sale, what is Trevor Birch doing here?  He maybe on a provisional contract to take over once the Wyness matter is dealt with properly.

He isn't here mate. Think Wyness reached out to him before being suspended but he was never working on our behalf

On 07/06/2018 at 11:31, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This.

I also like Mervyn King, Steve Hollis etc.

Why wouldn’t New Cortes come near us?  He came into Southampton in League 1 and his business philosophy and common sense turns them around?  Why couldn’t he do that here?

3 hours ago, macandally said:

Why wouldn’t New Cortes come near us?  He came into Southampton in League 1 and his business philosophy and common sense turns them around?  Why couldn’t he do that here?

Think you might have quoted the wrong person mate.

I'd also like Cortese.

However we are just throwing out thoughts and options here.

From what little I know Cortese seemed to have done a great job at Southampton. He left there in 2014 and hasn't been seen at a football club since.....with so many clubs in need of experience such as his how can that be ?

Just been looking for Cortese stories, there's some italian stuff linking him with Milan in 2014 and Inter in 2016, that obviously didn't happen. Apart from that there's a german blog post linking him to wolfsburg earlier this year. That's pretty much it though. If we could get someone of his calibre it would be massive. I'm not confident anyone at the club will be able to get him though, or spot someone else as talented for the role :( 

To be fair, Southampton struck gold with a few of their youngsters too, selling Bale, Walcott etc for big money. 

It's probably the only feasible way we can get back to where we think we should be, maybe starting with Grealish as much as it pains me to say. 

37 minutes ago, sne said:

It'll end up being Steve Round doing both his job and this one just to save money, won't it :(

I don't think SR does a lot in his current role IMO he was marginilsed by Wyness and Bruce. I think his remit will grow as will that of Luke Organ - I don't see another CEO coming in anytime soon.

13 minutes ago, hippo said:

I don't think SR does a lot in his current role IMO he was marginilsed by Wyness and Bruce. I think his remit will grow as will that of Luke Organ - I don't see another CEO coming in anytime soon.

So you're saying Organ will grow?

Â