CEO Vacancy - who's next ?

hippo

We don't have a CEO at the moment - Obviously we need one before long (or do we ?) a few options

Xia Himself

Brian Little

Howard Hodgson

Steve Round 

Or could we have a new board with a combo of some of the above and some Xia's trusted staff 

Jesus Christ.

That's not my suggestion by the way. I'm just expressing my frustration at ANOTHER new thread for us to discuss the same stuff in.

• Haha 1

Cortese has to be mentioned, but of course he wont come anywhere near us.

Perhaps Barnsley's 30 y.o CEO Gauthier Ganaye?

This 29-year-old is the youngest chief executive in the Football League

Gauthier Ganaye set a new record when he landed the top job at Barnsley

BARNSLEY supremo Gauthier Ganaye is the youngest chief executive in the Football League - and has already got his sights on reaching the top.

Frenchman Ganaye, 29, believes Barnsley can follow the likes of Huddersfield and Burnley by getting into the promised land of the Premier League.

They got into the top flight in the 1990s and manager Paul Heckingbottom has been charged with building a “sustainable” team to get them out of the Championship.

Ganaye played at youth level before taking up various roles at French club Lens which is famous for its youth development and producing young players.

Ganaye wants to see Barnsley back in the top flight (Image: PA Wire)

That experience is now designed to reap rewards for Barnsley after he joined them in the summer and signed 17 new players on a budget.

Ganaye said: “The Barnsley model is to shop in lower leagues, find the talent, bring the players through and find something different and do something extra that other clubs are not doing.

“Barnsley is financially sustainable, that’s how we want to run the club and you have already seen smaller clubs have success with promotion and reaching the play-offs, so why not us?

“We want to be more competitive, but also stay within our model but we can also look to strengthen the team and move forward.”

A takeover could be on the horizon for Barnsley (Image: Action Images/Ed Sykes)

Barnsley believe Ganaye just succeeds Mansfield’s Carolyn Radford - who became chief executive at 29 - as the youngest chief exec in the League and he is now left with big responsibilities.

There has been big interest in takeovers at Barnsley - one Chinese consortium also included baseball’s Moneyball guru Billy Beane - and also to be successful in a Championship which has currently got Wolves running away at the top after a big spending spree.

Ganaye has not found his age a barrier but is trying to establish a connection with the players and bring the whole club together with simple things like all the staff travelling to away games on the same bus.

Ganaye insists Barnsley will never pay 'massive' fees (Image: Coventry Telegraph)

Ganaye said: “It’s good that you can relate to players but I also feel I have more experience in the business than people who are older than me.

“I’ve received a warm welcome from everybody, I think a few people - agents and so on - are trying to have at you, take advantage and destabilise me.

“But that won’t work. They didn’t know my background at Lens where we had a strong set-up and also the ninth best academy in Europe with so many good players like Serge Aurier, Assou Benoit-Ekotto and the list is really long.

“I think Barnsley is a very attractive club, forward thinking, with a strong fan base and run in a sustainable way. We think it is very dangerous to spend what you cannot afford but we believe we can build for the future.

“Barnsley will never pay massive fees, never pay massive wages and we believe that can work. I left my country to come here, it’s a big challenge and I won’t leave without success.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/vauxhall/29-year-old-youngest-chief-11648617

Edited by sne

Just now, mjmooney said:

Actually, Jesus Christ is not a bad shout. We need a miracle worker. 

And Prince William to step in as owner.

We'd have both God and the Crown behind us.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, sne said:

This.

I also like Mervyn King, Steve Hollis etc.

The group Inc Hollis, King etc who stepped in to help last time would be great, except I can't imagine they'd be willing a second time around.

They must feel like a parent who's just put a fresh nappy on a baby, only for it to shit itself the second they put it down again.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

The group Inc Hollis, King etc who stepped in to help last time would be great, except I can't imagine they'd be willing a second time around.

They must feel like a parent who's just put a fresh nappy on a baby, only for it to shit itself the second they put it down again.

I liked the look of them, but it must be remembered they recommended the people who have now got us in this mess.

So no to them. 

• Like 2

If we are definitely not for sale, what is Trevor Birch doing here?  He maybe on a provisional contract to take over once the Wyness matter is dealt with properly.

34 minutes ago, sne said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/vauxhall/29-year-old-youngest-chief-11648617

This is the sort of guy we need.

Immediate thought would be - why would he come here - but we are still Aston Villa?

55 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If we are definitely not for sale, what is Trevor Birch doing here?  He maybe on a provisional contract to take over once the Wyness matter is dealt with properly.

Think you're right there. Or that Birch will be appointing the new CEO.

Edited by Jareth

Â