Time for a takeover

Jareth

1 minute ago, Fowlersrs said:

I think this has been done to essentially save the club and keep the wolf from the door bills wise..

Its looking like Xia gets to save face and gets a return on his investment/gamble with the club. And our new overlords can take there time to sort the rest of the ownership out..

Atleast we can see what these guys are worth and that its true, with xia it was all smoke and daggers!!

Indeed mate. If you look at the final part of their statement:

'We look forward to working with Dr Tony to undertake a thorough assessment and evaluation of the Club in the coming weeks and our priority is to strengthen the squads and structures ahead of the upcoming season and beyond'

I have no doubt they are the 'owners-elect' as it were. Two men of this level of wealth will in no way want to just be ba major shareholder and have TX any where the club in the near future. Why would they want him around when they will have had access to all of the books and seen the criminal mis-management he has presided over?

Patience is the key here.

• Like 1

Oh Wow, a reason to be cheerful (part 3) again.    After weeks of depression -brilliant news.    Now can we change our crappy entrance music to "Walk Like an Egyptian" and the team can sand dance on to the pitch (like John said earlier) .  I might be tempted to go to the Villa shop again now and look at these new kits - , and to watch Sky Sports News - all of which I have avoided since Wembley.  ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Will we be moving the Gabby thread back from off-topic? 

Yes but the new tag will be 'coaching staff'.

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

Isn't there a war in Egypt though ? 

Was reading something earlier about him. 

"The construction and fertiliser company’s shares fell almost one-third during the protests leading up to former president Hosni Mubarak’s resignation in February 2011. They later rallied to pre-revolution levels, but recently slipped again, due to the travel ban that was placed on Sawiris  and his  father.  Sawiris is the 4th richest man in Africa and also owns big stakes in cement giant Lafarge, and Texas Industries." 

So another situation where our fates are dictated by markets around the world. I guess that is the fate of everyone now but football has certainly come a long way from the game I knew as a kid. 

Anyway always worth keeping optimistic especially when it comes to Villa otherwise we'd have all topped ourselves by now. He seems several factors richer than Tony which is a decent start and has even partnered with someone who knows how to run a sports business. 

The proof as always is in the points total at the end of the season. But I will take a few days less depression and a glimmer of hope!

so its a mega rich man + a fairly rich man who already owns a sports club + a man who will either be pushed out the door sooner rather than later or will try and do something positive to save face

what can go wrong...

edens being there probably fills me with more hope than simply sawiris

btw Edens bucks team is currently building a $500m new stadium, interesting thing there is they have 4 stadium partners and are in talks to have a naming rights partner

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Â