Time for a takeover

Jareth

Just now, PieFacE said:

I'm guessing they only part own it right now? 

At this precise moment in time they own 55% of the Club, so they are right to say 'part owners'......I guarantee within a few months, maybe weeks, they will be the full owners of the Club. I think this is alluded to when they say

'We understand that we are stewards of Aston Villa on behalf of the fans and we take that responsibility seriously.

“We look forward to working with Dr Tony to undertake a thorough assessment and evaluation of the Club in the coming weeks and our priority is to strengthen the squads and structures ahead of the upcoming season and beyond.”

You wouldn't use that terminology if you were merely providing a loan to the Club. the 2-tier approach is a win-win for both parties, see my earlier comments re TX, and enables the immediate security of the Club whilst allowing time to complete a full takeover.

• Like 3

Still cautious - who is managing aston villa now  (not the playing side) - ?  - I mean who controls us. That statements talks about supporting existing ambitions  - they don't sound like new owners just investors. 

I think this has been done to essentially save the club and keep the wolf from the door bills wise..

Its looking like Xia gets to save face and gets a return on his investment/gamble with the club. And our new overlords can take there time to sort the rest of the ownership out..

Atleast we can see what these guys are worth and that its true, with xia it was all smoke and daggers!!

• Like 1

This is the first time we have had people who are a) self made, not spending daddies money or borrowed/non existent money and b) have proper sports club expertise. 

It HAS to be a really good thing.  With all the contacts there could be any number of ingenious ways to funnel cash into the club.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Still cautious - who is managing aston villa now  (not the playing side) - ?  - I mean who controls us. That statements talks about supporting existing ambitions  - they don't sound like new owners just investors. 

Business semantics, IMO, mate. Comments to keep TX publically viable....

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

They will have their own people in toot sweet

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

They have a 55% stake apparently. I'd imagine over the next couple of months they will completely buyout Xia. At the momentet this is quick way to get a cash injection into the club which is badly needed.

If thats the case wooooooooooooo hooooooooooooo   (where have you heard that ?) 

I want mbappe by 4pm. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What do you get for the billionaire who has everything ?

A picture of him stood with the future King. I can imagine that could be quite an attractive idea.

Whatever. Taking one day at a time, this has to be classed as a GOOD DAY - yaaaaaayyy!!

• Like 2

Â