Time for a takeover

Jareth

“As lifelong football fans, we are excited and privileged to have become part of this great Club. We believe that together we bring business and sports experience that will help strengthen the Club to ensure Aston Villa can return to its rightful place in the upper echelons of English football.

Become part - not own or control.    - starting to sound like a loan 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Major question for me is why two very wealthy guys are 'clubbing together' to buy part of Aston Villa. The sceptic in me says they are buying a number of shares and this could all be a glorified loan.  Hope when details come out they have a controlling interest.

Yep, there are certainly a lot of questions.

Wonder where this leaves us in the short term? Ffp becomes our no.1 enemy again now.

Just now, hippo said:

“As lifelong football fans, we are excited and privileged to have become part of this great Club. We believe that together we bring business and sports experience that will help strengthen the Club to ensure Aston Villa can return to its rightful place in the upper echelons of English football.

It will be initial investment for now. Guarantee a full takeover will happen in the next few weeks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

I'm guessing they only part own it right now? 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Just now, supermon said:

Maybe this is the first part of the two stage thing reported earlier. An actual takeover could take time and this was an interim measure to meet impending bills etc, hopefully Xia will be gone soon.

Thats what I am hoping.  I just don't trust Xia. 

7 minutes ago, eholm said:

Face-saving for Xia......only matter of time before we get a low-key update from AVFC that NSWE has purchased TX shares and are now the owners.

AC Milan's chinese owners borrowed heavily from an American hedge fund to pay for all of the players they signed last summer. The loan is repayable with huge interest and if the chinese owners default the club ownership is transferred to the the hedge fund automatically. I wonder if that's what's happening here??

1 minute ago, Godders said:

Richest Arab in the world? Man City are owned by Arabs. Does that mean we're now richer than Man City? 

Man City are pretty much owned by a whole country though, so slightly different. lol

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

To me this ties in with reports that it would initially be a controlling stake......presumably to get cash into the club immediately. Which will then lead to a full takeover.

Really can't see any reason to be sceptical yet

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Godders said:

Richest Arab in the world? Man City are owned by Arabs. Does that mean we're now richer than Man City? 

Sheikh Mounsour is worth 4.9 Billion

Nassef Sawiris is worth 5.6 Billion

My first reaction to this is that it's great news. My second reaction is that although a perfect scenario would have seen Xia gone from the club, it's the only immediate way forward and the quickest way to inject capital into AVFC to start turning the club around.

Had Sawiris and Edens gone down the usual bid, due diligence, and purchase route it would have taken weeks at least, and who knows how much further damage Xia would have done by then!

• Like 4

Â