Time for a takeover

Jareth

19 minutes ago, hippo said:

Of course its allowed by FFP - but it increases losses.

So a new owner has to invest cash 'In a certain way' ? 

You misunderstand what i posted. By introducing funds into the club the way Xia has done it does not relieve the "debt" to FFP. Indeed as you say it will increase the losses. Howver the new owner can invest in a "FFP positive" way if he proves that the the invested money is non-retunable. This rule applies to all leagues not just when Euro competitions are involved

Edited by pintpotvilla

2 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Racist! ?

1 minute ago, El-Reacho said:

Based on them being Egyptian? It's hard to say it sounds dodgy when we know absolutely nothing about who they are. 

Well I was basing on the last 2 dickhead owners that I have no trust in anybody now ;)

This sounds almost too good to be true (let's hope it's not). If it happens, I'm sure we'll all be doing the sand dance around Villa Park like Wilson Keppel & Betty (one for the youngsters there).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

The problem with Xia is that he was unable to put his own cash into the club in a way that would satisfy FFP. Anew owner would be in the position to do that ( as long as he has the wherewithall of course). Xia's only course was to borrow against property or future assets which is NOT allowed by FFP

Erm...I'd say it was more to do with him having no cash to put into the club!

Egypt is a middle eastern culture with a population of almost exactly 100,000,000 people. The number one sport is football and has been for the last century, so I'm not surprised to hear of Egyptian interest in an historic club like Aston Villa. If the bidder has sufficient proven funds I'd welcome a deal.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

THIS IS CORRECT.

There is a difference between debt and FFP (annual trading position).

Not quite correct but you are right that there is a big difference between debt ( which most clubs have and can be managed) & FFP rules which concentrate on the on going situation and making sure bills/players are paid.

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

"Za Blan we have for za Azton Villa is fantazzztic walla, alreadyz we havez here za wooorrrrllllrlrlllld clazz blayerz like za Elmo.... Up za Villa.... and all za ozer zzzzzzzz"

Read this in a French accent lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Egyptian businessman with funding from Qatar it seems, well this is what is being reported by Matt Hughes from The Times. 

Yep, Hughes sounds very confident that the TO will happen; majority control followed by full TO at later date.

Â