Time for a takeover

Jareth

13 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

No, if the new owners want to they can inject as much money as they want to to take away any debt therefore complying with FFP.

The Capital injection HAS to be NOT REPAYABLE but that is the nature of a takeover.

Where on earth have you got that from ? 

The whole point of FFP is you can not inject cash to cover losses - as somebody posted ages ago- FFP is more about preventing another Man City than another portsmouth.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

I don't won't Egyptian owners - they don't even play football over there do they - ? - got disaster written all over it. 

No they don't Salah only started playing football when he joined Chelsea.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

I don't won't Egyptian owners - they don't even play football over there do they - ? - got disaster written all over it. 

No, Xia staying is an absolutely guaranteed 100% certain disaster.

Anybody else coming in may be a disaster. Or may not. We don't know yet, but we do know for certainty what Xia staying in control means.

Also, the middle bit of your sentence, is that a joke? ?

Edited by Okonokos

57 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

I have tried to read through the FFP rules ( very boring )! It clearly states that if funds are brought into the club whether by equity or gifted this will count for FFP as long as there is no

requirement to ever pay it back. Surely if this is a take over then this would indeed be the case!!

I gave up trying to understand it after 2 mins,so if the new owner pits x amount of money into the club and shows its buisness plan the FFP will be gone?

3 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

If we DON'T get them will have disaster written all over it

No - if we don't get them we have a very serious crisis in the short term.

Having owners who don't understand football, never come to VP, isn't going to work - sure they might cover next months tax and wages bill - but after that ? 

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

Mo Salah might want to have a word about this too.  That said, he might still be injured after that clearing in the woods Ramos took him out in the 2018 World cup a couple of weeks ago when Egypt played Spain.  When Egypt played in the World Cup.  A few weeks ago.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Where on earth have you got that from ? 

The whole point of FFP is you can not inject cash to cover losses - as somebody posted ages ago- FFP is more about preventing another Man City than another portsmouth.

Ihave got that from the official FFP rules. Read them and you will see it in Black & White. As someone else has said the new owners have to submit a plan but it is in the rules

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

No, Xia staying is an absolutely guaranteed 100% certain disaster.

Anybody else coming in may be a disaster. Or may not. We don't know yet, but we do know for certainty what Xia staying in control means.

Also, the middle bit of your sentence, is that a joke? ?

Agreed - we can go on with Dr Loony Xia - and we (i) know nothing about the new owners - but it doesn't sound overly promising IMO.

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

Anyone else wondering if this was the contingency plan all along? 

If we didn't go up we would be so far away from ever being able to comply that selling the club was the only option. 

To be honest, I don't think Xia has had a Plan A since the day he walked in here never mind contingency plans.

6 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Ihave got that from the official FFP rules. Read them and you will see it in Black & White. As someone else has said the new owners have to submit a plan but it is in the rules

Its the exact opposite of what you are saying. 

• Like 1

Â