Time for a takeover

Jareth

46 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Throughout this topic and several earlier similar discussions, there seems to be a trend:

''I don't want american owners, all they care about is money' OR ''I don't want American as we had Learner'' (obviously all Americans are the same)
''I don't want Chinese, Tony failed'' (did he?)
''I want British''
''I want someone that lives in the UK''

and my personal favourite:

''I want fans to run the club''.

Fans? Are we talking about the same fans that are so fickle that they change opinions every day depending on the result of one football game?

Big boys football IS a business, and we need a businessmen that wishes to invest in his brand. Who cares if the right person comes from America, Peru or Armenia? And what difference does it make if they live in the UK or if they take their private jet and visit once every few weeks? It's not like they 'run' the club; it's people like Wyness that do. 

So I want an owner that is able to manage and recruit successful leaders that will look after the business day to day. And unless we get someone that treats the club like a spending toy (like Man City or PSG) there will never be a river of cash flowing so we might just as well forget about that option.

At least this Freund fella has a track record of involvement with sports teams so should have a better idea of what he's doing.  If the bid comes to anything...

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

A takeover that takes all summer and therefore prevents players leaving would be nice.

Probably the best scenario based on current events.

If it means we can keep the likes of Jack, Chester etc and hopefully get a good coach in.

We just might be ok.

Clubs have come through adversity before.

I mean look at the Brazilian team who lost their whole team in a plane crash ffs.

Came back and won the League.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'm fed up of having foreign owners, although it's not as though the last British one was any good. However is it too hard to ask to have someone who is going to be here frequently and have his finger on the pulse? Seemingly is. 

Absolutely. We need a Daniel Levy type of chairman as the next type.

...if the sale is true.

35 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Probably the best scenario based on current events.

If it means we can keep the likes of Jack, Chester etc and hopefully get a good coach in.

We just might be ok.

Clubs have come through adversity before.

I mean look at the Brazilian team who lost their whole team in a plane crash ffs.

Came back and won the League.

different circumstances unfortunately (well, actually fortunately, could you imagine another tragedy like that) and they quite rightly had a fair amount of help to get them through things

a better comparison would be Southampton, but FFP wasnt so much of an issue back then

I don’t write much here, and comment very rarely – but in my opinion the only long-term way to stability is a supporter ownership model like the German League.

Which is fundamentally 50+1% ownership in the fans favour, this is in fact how practically the whole of German football works (there are a few exceptions) with the other 49% been owned by mainly local business or investors.

I have always thought because of the figures involved historically (hundreds of millions of £) that this would be impossible, BUT now I feel it is entirely tangible with today’s lower figures been bandied about, at this junction in our history I feel we have the best opportunity to secure our clubs future for generations to come.

Is it feasible?, personally I think so – if the fans committed financially and individually to the club on long term basis, most banks would back it –30- 60,000 members contributing £10 a month would have a lot of sway, and to be honest it’s a drop in the ocean compared to the cost of attending matches and being a fan in the great scheme of things. Particurly if they got the equivalent in Season ticket discounts and benefits.

As fans/members we would have to have a reality check regarding expectations, we would have to run on realistic budgets, and breakeven year on year, but I am sure it would be balanced by the pride of knowing we own our own club, and nobody could come along and shame us on weekly basis, it may also mean that the players we end up with share a joint endeavour, there would certainly be a new level of accountability.

What we need is a genuine leader, a benefactor that really does have the clubs future at heart, someone who has the clout to structure the endeavour, and talk to the Banks and galvanise the fans, and someone who is not in it for profit.

Would I pay my subs to be a member of the best club in the world? – Yes

Would I be prepared to see the same club in a lower league, but safe in the knowledge that they will be strong  (and here) next year and the year after – Yes

Do I believe that we would eventually return as one of the stronger top teams under these terms? – Yes

Do I want the pride re-installed in my Club even if it costs us in perceived stature, short to medium term?  – Yes

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DeHavilland said:

I don’t write much here, and comment very rarely – but in my opinion the only long-term way to stability is a supporter ownership model like the German League.

Which is fundamentally 50+1% ownership in the fans favour, this is in fact how practically the whole of German football works (there are a few exceptions) with the other 49% been owned by mainly local business or investors.

I have always thought because of the figures involved historically (hundreds of millions of £) that this would be impossible, BUT now I feel it is entirely tangible with today’s lower figures been bandied about, at this junction in our history I feel we have the best opportunity to secure our clubs future for generations to come.

Is it feasible?, personally I think so – if the fans committed financially and individually to the club on long term basis, most banks would back it –30- 60,000 members contributing £10 a month would have a lot of sway, and to be honest it’s a drop in the ocean compared to the cost of attending matches and being a fan in the great scheme of things. Particurly if they got the equivalent in Season ticket discounts and benefits.

As fans/members we would have to have a reality check regarding expectations, we would have to run on realistic budgets, and breakeven year on year, but I am sure it would be balanced by the pride of knowing we own our own club, and nobody could come along and shame us on weekly basis, it may also mean that the players we end up with share a joint endeavour, there would certainly be a new level of accountability.

What we need is a genuine leader, a benefactor that really does have the clubs future at heart, someone who has the clout to structure the endeavour, and talk to the Banks and galvanise the fans, and someone who is not in it for profit.

Would I be prepared to see the same club in a lower league, but safe in the knowledge that they will be strong  (and here) next year and the year after – Yes

Do I believe that we would eventually return as one of the stronger top teams under these terms? – Yes

Do I want the pride re-installed in my Club even if it costs us in perceived stature, short to medium term?  – Yes

I'm sorry but it wouldn't work for me. Judging by a host of the Muppets I see post on villa facebook sites its just a recipe for disaster.

We need a UK based group that understands the heritage and the UK as a whole. No more clowns that dont live here and don't know what's going on at the club.

6 minutes ago, DeHavilland said:

Well you've really dropped a bomb there DeHavilland.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

not being funny but if ffp is stopping any spending, whats the point of a new owner?

it appears like big t bought the club & thought all we needed was a rudder to sale back to the promised land.

I can't believe the entire existence of the club is in doubt and people are worried about how much we will have to spend in the summer.

If a new owner can pay the taxman and existing liabilities we can sell the whole first team squad and play the under 23's as far as I am concerned.

I don't think some people have grasped the gravity of the situation we are in. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I know FFP is currently the least of our worries... but if a takeover were to go through what would this mean for FFP?

Does it still get looked at it in the same way this season?

Pay Tony 150 mill and he pays off the debt of club to the tune of 75mill.  Then you come in with +75mill.  Something similar to what lerner done and the Sunderland clown done couple of weeks back when he sold.

18 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

According to Neil Moxley on Twitter, we're losing between £5 - £6 million a month. A MONTH! How on earth is that possible given the players we have left on the books?

Its not possible that is probably the outgoings but we do have an income to as well.

The story is slanted.

Â