Time for a takeover

Jareth

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Minority shareholder of the second richest sports team in the world. Probably doesn’t mean much but sounds promising. 

I'd have hoped to get a slice of that action you'd need to be a serious player - certainly sounds like a better CV than either Lerner or Tony...

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t care if the owners ultimate goal is money making as long as the plan is to do it via success and to make us a brand. 

Is that still possible in football? 

Not for us now.  To get back to and stay in the PL will need mega bucks - the only way we will show a profit is producing and selling players.

We need a owner that LIVES in the UK. Enough of these clowns that live abroad and hire idiots like fox and wyness to run the ckub. Owners need to be here to keep an eye and be involved in the club.

This has I believe been the massive errors of Lerner and xia.  Puttingv their trust in clowns to run and us and have shafted us over.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Must say I'm surprised by all of this. What a shock to the system.

I would like us to be driven by an owner who understands the structure and culture needed to produce athletes and men of good character.

Give us someone with an interest in those two qualities and we will have to worry less about money as our club will be able to compete through cohesive philosophy and proficient footballers.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We need a owner that LIVES in the UK. Enough of these clowns that live abroad and hire idiots like fox and wyness to run the ckub. Owners need to be here to keep an eye and be involved in the club.

This has I believe been the massive errors of Lerner and xia.  Puttingv their trust in clowns to run and us and have shafted us over.

Lerner made errors and got bored.

Xia was dodgy from the start. I shudder to think where he got the money to purchase us. FFP and now the rules in the china - I don't buy it - he hasn't got a pot to piss in 

Apparently Trevor Birch, an insolvency expert who has been involved with 3 other football takeovers, is involved with selling us. I don’t know anything about him, but could he be able to put together a dream consortium with Spinks and Alan McInally?

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 3

I'm fed up of having foreign owners, although it's not as though the last British one was any good. However is it too hard to ask to have someone who is going to be here frequently and have his finger on the pulse? Seemingly is. 

1 hour ago, VillaAlex said:

Presuming we do get taken over, where does this leave us next season? I presume we won't be able to recruit while the process goes on, which leaves next season as a write off or worse? 

A prospective takeover would stop any major incomings, but more importantly outgoings.  They wouldn't be able to sell Jack if a sale is in process as he's such a major asset.  It hopefully works in our favour.  (smallest of sliver linings).

I think there is also slight relaxing of FFP with regard to new owners.

• Like 2

A takeover is our only hope. My worries:

1. Xia wants an unrealistic figure for the club

2. Due diligence into our finances uncovers worst than we could imagine

3. We go into admin and get taken over by someone looking to 'flip us'

Oh, and one more category that strikes me:

''I want someone that loves the club'' OR ''is passionate about Aston Villa''

If you had 100 million, would you love Aston Villa enough to spend millions on it? I highly doubt it, once again, it's a business and not a single sane business person will be parting with MILLIONS just because ''they love Aston Villa'.

That's why they are successful business people, emotions do not play part.

• Like 2

Â