Time for a takeover

Jareth

33 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I dunno, don’t forget we already have quite a few right backs on the books in Hutton, Bree, Elmo and De Laet. ?

TBF we have 3.. Hutton is a new converted Left back nowadays.

I'd offload Elmo and Bree as RDL is useful backup and is the better of the 3 imp.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know we all hate xia right now but it sounds like he held out for the right people. 

I honestly thing the main reason for the crisis was Wyness.  I wouldn’t even be suprised if that 3 team and plan if didn’t get promoted bollox was even sold to Tony. End of the day you would trust your CEO. 

Would love to hear the truth one day. 

Don't let good vibrations or intentions get in the way of some good old VT outrage.

Once they have turned on you it doesn't matter what the truth is.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hiney said:

This thread is priceless, an absolute wankfest relishing in us going into administration to us being the jammiest club in the world ?? it's absolutely glorious 

https://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,2528869,page=1

The layout of that forum is offensive to my eyes and soul 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Xela said:

The layout of that forum is offensive to my eyes and soul 

Agreed, i actually couldn't read it and gave up after about 3 posts. I've got no idea what goes into creating a website but it's clearly not easy, so hats off to Limpid and the rest of the team for VT. 

37 minutes ago, TRO said:

I agree.....traceability, crucial for substance.

I am just thankful that we can pay the bills.....The rest, I will see how it unfolds, false dawns and all that.

We must remind ourselves that QPR had very rich owners, but didn't spend much................its their intentions that will be interesting to see, but whatever it is, at least it looks like they are who they say they are, that in itself is a plus.

I am not expecting too much, just gradual, sensible progression......If they want to fast track that, it looks like they have the wherewithal to do it.

Quick google search shows Fernandes's net worth id $650 million. Absolute small fry compared to our new boys!

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Very true.  But at least these people seem like real business men.

Indeed. The fact that when you Google their names you get some results back is a good sign, unlike when Dr 'can't buy a suit that fits' took over. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't let good vibrations or intentions get in the way of some good old VT outrage.

Once they have turned on you it doesn't matter what the truth is.

Lol...just read this as regards everyone being hostile, when on the previous page a poster was complying about the Xia love in......

Maybe, like most things, it’s both ?

• Like 1

Just now, villa89 said:

Indeed. The fact that when you Google their names you get some results back is a good sign, unlike when Dr 'can't buy a suit that fits' took over. 

Gets his suits the same place as Trump I understand.

15 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Quick google search shows Fernandes's net worth id $650 million. Absolute small fry compared to our new boys!

I think Mittal & Ecclestone, were not short of a bob or two.

4 hours ago, villaglint said:

Was reading something earlier about him. 

"The construction and fertiliser company’s shares fell almost one-third during the protests leading up to former president Hosni Mubarak’s resignation in February 2011. They later rallied to pre-revolution levels, but recently slipped again, due to the travel ban that was placed on Sawiris  and his  father.  Sawiris is the 4th richest man in Africa and also owns big stakes in cement giant Lafarge, and Texas Industries." 

So another situation where our fates are dictated by markets around the world. I guess that is the fate of everyone now but football has certainly come a long way from the game I knew as a kid. 

Anyway always worth keeping optimistic especially when it comes to Villa otherwise we'd have all topped ourselves by now. He seems several factors richer than Tony which is a decent start and has even partnered with someone who knows how to run a sports business. 

The proof as always is in the points total at the end of the season. But I will take a few days less depression and a glimmer of hope!

From the sounds of it I'm several factors richer than Dr Tony.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this (once bitten and all that) but being cautiously optimistic is a million times improvement than this time yesterday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know we all hate xia right now but it sounds like he held out for the right people. 

I honestly thing the main reason for the crisis was Wyness.  I wouldn’t even be suprised if that 3 team and plan if didn’t get promoted bollox was even sold to Tony. End of the day you would trust your CEO. 

Would love to hear the truth one day. 

Really?? Let’s not pretend that Xia ‘held out’ for the ‘right people’! He was purely waiting for someone to offer HIM what HE wanted. Not what was best for the Club, not what what was best for the supporters.....only what was best for HIM! The man is a complete fraud and so very nearly destroyed our very existence. I cannot and will not give this charlatan one iota of credit for this takeover ( no pun intended). 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, eholm said:

Really?? Let’s not pretend that Xia ‘held out’ for the ‘right people’! He was purely waiting for someone to offer HIM what HE wanted. Not what was best for the Club, not what what was best for the supporters.....only what was best for HIM! The man is a complete fraud and so very nearly destroyed our very existence. I cannot and will not give this charlatan one iota of credit for this takeover ( no pun intended). 

Well Lerner did the same and look how that ended up. He tried. He failed, he got us better owners. In a few years time he might not be so hated. 

Wyness on the other hand. 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well Lerner did the same and look how that ended up. He tried. He failed, he got us better owners. In a few years time he might not be so hated. 

Wyness on the other hand. 

ParallelBelovedIrishterrier.gif

Â