Time for a takeover

Jareth

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Where are you seeing this?

If we are getting good money for them and providing we are lining up better replacements then why not..

Still interested to see where though.

Twitter has a lot of people saying Chester is very close and Adomah is just interest. Also a lot of people saying it doesn't matter how rich our new owners are FFP still has to be be dealt with and you cant just throw money at it so player sales could still be needed.

FFP has me furious the more i think about it too, cripple clubs in the EFL but clubs in the prem can just guy the league what a joke.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Do you think this is the end for Tony at AVFC?

Yes, he won't be around too long. Silently disappear into the night at some point I'd imagine. Too many owners won't play well together. Let's face it, he's never here and done a terrible job, so these guys won't keep him around (IMO)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Interesting that the deal values Aston Villa FC at about £55m. The entire club is worth the same as Hulk, or John Stones and slightly less Oscar. 

Which is why it’s a bargain for big players. Problem is it’s Villa so it sounds too good to be true it usually is. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Twitter has a lot of people saying Chester is very close and Adomah is just interest. Also a lot of people saying it doesn't matter how rich our new owners are FFP still has to be be dealt with and you cant just throw money at it so player sales could still be needed.

FFP has me furious the more i think about it too, cripple clubs in the EFL but clubs in the prem can just guy the league what a joke.

True about the FFP, however, we have ways round it. Loan em this season with a right to buy at the end (similar to Mbeppe deal).

Or sign who we need.. and pay a wee bit of the fee now, the rest staggered to keep in line.

I am sure there might be other ways round it too.

42 minutes ago, sne said:

Really interesting to see what "football people" they bring in.

Will tell us a lot in what direction they are looking to take.

I have run out of Likes, but I totally agree, this is fundamental and the space I will be watching more than any other.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hiney said:

This thread is priceless, an absolute wankfest relishing in us going into administration to us being the jammiest club in the world ?? it's absolutely glorious 

https://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,2528869,page=1

I love the ones that are clutching at straws. “But...but...they’re still rubbish”

Ive been scouring the web looking for dirt on our new owners, check bankruptcy cases, deals they have made, business they have been involved with - I have uncovered one piece concerning both owners which may be cause for concern 

Neither of them are vegetarians !  

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

FFP is rather like how English Heritage treat old buildings.

They would actually rather they decayed and rotted to nothing than allow someone to make it worth their while investing large sums of money in restoring them if they decide to make the alterations you would reasonably expect someone to make when doing up an old building.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Which is why it’s a bargain for big players. Problem is it’s Villa so it sounds too good to be true it usually is. 

Hope you are keeping well mate - maybe  this time our ship has sailed in - great news mate - now I can go back to my holiday and crack open a few bottles until aug 4th - interesting  to see what our team is and who is manager - Henry would be a bold move but could be fantastic too . 

• Like 2

Looking at the pedigree of these two you’d think they’d see through a chancer crook like Wyness in seconds.  Just from looking at his face ;)

CEO, sporting director and/or managerial  appointments will define our future for the next 2 season. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Hope you are keeping well mate - maybe  this time our ship has sailed in - great news mate - now I can go back to my holiday and crack open a few bottles until aug 4th - interesting  to see what our team is and who is manager - Henry would be a bold move but could be fantastic too . 

You too mate. Good to see you back. Potential superb news today. so excited. Enjoy rest of your holiday! 

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

This is a foooking brilliant day...

We need a few "It's happening'' as I am buzzing.. 

New investment... Jack stays... and we give a big middle finger **** you to Levy and his £18m bag of coppers..

Happy Days!

What we need to do now is phone Levy and offer 10M for Dele and post a transcript of the call on our glossy new official website.  ?

Â