Time for a takeover

Jareth

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

He doesn't strike me as someone who will accept making a loss on his investment despite the terrible job he has done. His ego far outweighs his actual ability as a businessman. 

Yes, because a great business man would take a loss of 10's of millions because fans on a message board think he should.

Your statement is an oxymoron

?

I have noticed that Aston Manor Cider were rumoured to be up for sale at £100m + last year.  100% owned by the Ellis Family.

It seems to have been run by James Ellis, grandson of Doug who appears to have had a very rounded business career before coming into the business late as a Finance Director.  In an interview he talks about the lack of controls that were in the business before his time and so put them into place which helped the stellar (no Pun) growth in the business.

Maybe he fancies a crack at The Villa.  I would assume Doug invested his £65m well, if they got £100m+ for Aston Manor they would easily have enough to buy the Club.

At least it would be someone Villa through and through.

Edited by sidcow

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I have noticed that Aston Manor Cider were rumoured to be up for sale at £100m + last year.  100% owned by the Ellis Family.

It seems to have been run by James Ellis, grandson of Doug who appears to have had a very rounded business career before coming into the business late as a Finance Director.  In an interview he talks about the lack of controls that were in the business before his time and so put them into place which helped the stellar (no Pun) growth in the business.

Maybe he fancies a crack at The Villa.  I would assume Doug invested his £65m well, if they got £100m+ for Aston Manor they would easily have enough to buy the Club.

Blimey that would be some story going back into ownership by the Ellis family.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, tom221186 said:

Off Twitter so take as you wish 

I remember being worried about the Comer brothers before as they are property developers.  Worried they were buying us purely for the land.

Currently worth about £2bn made from buying low and developing for a profit.  We Villa are about as low as you can get right now.  If they can develop the club and sell for a profit (which would be massive if we get back to the PL) than I would welcome them with pleasure.

We are quite popular in Ireland I believe, maybe they have a soft spot for us!

It's hard to believe it's worth buying Villa to close it down and build houses in Aston.

Definitely the sort of takeover they would be interested in with huge potential for future profit. IF they are in the running as Thatcherlover believes then it could be an interesting one. 

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

It took us long enough to get rid of Deadly so I'd rather not have him or his grandson anywhere near the helm. Perhaps HDE could give a few million of what he pocketed when selling the club to Randy back in our hour of need?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, John said:

Perhaps HDE could give a few million of what he pocketed when selling the club to Randy back in our hour of need?

I've mentioned this before.

However I am sure HDE and his offspring (if they are anything like him) have tucked all of the profits from the sale of Aston Villa away under their claws where no-one associated with 'the common man' will ever be able to find it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hippo said:

I call BS on the comer bros link. dont think people come back a 2nd time.......if they were ever interested at all

I think they might. It was a consortium headed up by Michael Neville wasn't it? He did an interview in the Brum mail at the time when they were close to securing the deal before they lost out to Lerner.

He actual spoke sense in that interview. Who knows might have been the better option.

11 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

He is full of shit just like 99,99% of the **** Twitter ITK's

exactly this

If it was the case of new owners the press would have picked up on it, as it is nothing is being reported.

Bull Shit click bait....follow me, follow me, follow me

2 hours ago, imavillan said:

exactly this

If it was the case of new owners the press would have picked up on it, as it is nothing is being reported.

Bull Shit click bait....follow me, follow me, follow me

hmmm the press have picked up on it days ago? there are interested parties.

Sure there are always ITK chancers around looking for follows. Yet this guy already has 44k followers and a genuine villa fan.

Worth keeping an eye I reckon.

• Thanks 1

Â