Going Under ?

hippo

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But seriously something tells me we’ll be alright. Just about.

This. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

today we certainly are

If you're basing it on just one day then I'm pretty sure there were a number of times when we could be called a "national laughing stock" under Ellis also.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Baldricks Cunning Plan said:

and whilst Doug Ellis was never Exactly popular at least he had the best interests of the club at heart and he would never allowed this to happen.

Some would argue that he had the best interests of Doug Ellis at heart...

• Like 4

The only positive is that things seem to be unravelling so quickly - Tony Xia could be history in a few weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if we never hear from him again

So many conflicting reports.

Ranging from the minor annoyance to the absolutely terrifying for you i imagine ?

So your in trouble potentially with FFP to the tune of needing to find about £60mil.

Theres an unpaid tax bill of something like £5mil.

What i dont get is for a man reportedly near enough a Billionaire a few million to save himself all this hassle is peanuts. Why has your owner not just paid the tax bill? ?

I get the gambling on Promotion (we gambled once, someone should have told him how that ended up) , but cant he fund Villa now, does he not want to? 

Edited by Cjay

I always find it sad (and I guess a little funny) how the same old myths and revisionism about Ellis get pumped out whenever things are looking bad with whoever our current owner is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cjay said:

So many conflicting reports.

Ranging from the minor annoyance to the absolutely terrifying for you i imagine ?

So your in trouble potentially with FFP to the tune of needing to find about £60mil.

Theres an unpaid tax bill of something like £5mil.

What i dont get is for a man reportedly near enough a Billionaire a few million to save himself all this hassle is peanuts. Why has your owner not just paid the tax bill? ?

Supposedly new chinese law halts investment outside of china - if true we are fecked - if not true we are probably still fecked ! 

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

So how can the wolves owners get money out of China but ours can’t?

Premier league money? 

Edit - I have no idea on these things, but maybe that money is already with the club? **** knows

Edited by Shropshire Lad

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

Supposedly new chinese law halts investment outside of china - if true we are fecked - if not true we are probably still fecked ! 

Remember reading something about China tightening laws on outbound Chinese investment, just assumed it was words and meant very little 

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

while true we were never ever a national laughing stock under Doug as the 2 owners after him 

It hasn't gone international yet so you have nothing to worry about  dude.

Just now, Cjay said:

Remember reading something about China tightening laws on outbound Chinese investment, just assumed it was words and meant very little 

This only concerns things after specific date, not investments that have been made already. 

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

Does anyone have any links to websites explains the ins and outs of these new regulations?

I’ve seen it mentioned a lot but when I’ve looked, I just find other random articles about China limiting ATM withdrawals or giving people a 50,000 limit to exchange out of the country. That can’t be it.

It's just all a bit too coincidental.

• Statement comes out after we fail to get promoted, advising of our financial position and need for change.
  • Chairman flies back to China, and everything goes quiet.
  • Rumours that the manager doesn't know if he has a job.
  • CEO rumoured to be looking to find a new buyer, subsequently suspended for his apparent actions.
  • Unpaid tax bill of £4.2m, issued with threat of winding up order.

Separately these are issues that, although can be deemed serious, aren't overly significant. However, together it's not pretty reading.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Â