Summer Transfers 18/19

villa4europe

Graham Potter and Swansea signing Joel Asoro from Sunderland on the cheap (£1,5m or so)

Mentioned him before as someone I'd hoped we'd go for.

Smart signing for them. 

Ronaldo to Juve done apparently. £88 million

Official statement on Real website : https://www.realmadrid.com/noticias/2018/07/carta-de-cristiano-ronaldo

(Spanish version of website is the only one updated presently but translation below)

Real Madrid C. F. communicates that, according to the will and request expressed by the player Cristiano Ronaldo, has agreed to his transfer to Juventus F. C.   Today Real Madrid wants to express its gratitude to a player who has proved to be the best in the world and who has marked one of the most brilliant times in the history of our club and world football.   Beyond the conquered titles, the trophies achieved and the triumphs achieved in the playing fields during these 9 years, Cristiano Ronaldo has been an example of dedication, work, responsibility, talent and improvement.   He has also become the top scorer in the history of Real Madrid with 451 goals in 438 games. In total 16 titles, including 4 European Cups, 3 of them consecutive and 4 in the last 5 seasons. On an individual basis, with the Real Madrid jersey he has won 4 Gold Balls, 2 The Best, and 3 Gold Boots, among many other awards.   For Real Madrid Cristiano Ronaldo will always be one of his great symbols and a unique reference for the next generations.   Real Madrid will always be your home.

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Ronaldo to Juve done apparently. £88 million

LadBible reporting £105m (I'm assuming they've a source :) )

Just now, LakotaDakota said:

Pound/euro maybe? £88 mil is pretty much bang on 100 million euros

No, pounds.

Fee Of £105m Agreed As Cristiano Ronaldo Leaves Real For Juventus

Remember normal football summers? If it wasn't for the World Cup, we'd be watching money-spinning pre-season friendlies and pretending to like cricket, tennis and the Tour de France.

Oh, and reading transfer rumour columns non-stop.

Well, you can rest assured that the transfer rumour mill has not stopped running just because of the World Cup and the biggest deal of the summer is finally done.

Unless you've been living under a rock - or at least, so consumed with England's World Cup run that your name is Ross Kemp - you will be aware of the push and pull between Real Madrid and Juventus over the services of one C.Ronaldo, esq.

When I say push and pull...well, it's mostly been pull. Ronaldo had put feelers out suggesting that he was done with Real Madrid and wanted to have a crack at the Seria A title, with Real not doing a great deal to hold onto him.

In truth, the deal makes perfect sense for all three parties so let's talk through them all: Real, Juve and CR7 himself.

Ronaldo is 33 and, despite claims that he has a "biological age" of 23, he isn't getting any younger.

For him, this represents another rebirth in a league that he's never won, a chance to play for another superstar club - 7 leagues in a row and counting - and an opportuntiy win another legion of fans, as well as prolonging his career in what is, despite a recent upturn, still one of the slower of the big leagues in Europe.

He'll make a shedload, probably pick up a scudetto and score a load of goals.

Real have form for signing the biggest star to come out of a World Cup and, while that might not happen this summer, the chances of one of Neymar, Eden Hazard or Kylian Mbappe making their way to the Bernabeu might well plummet now.

Ronaldo was all-encompassing in their team, demanding the ball and distorting their shape to get it. With a new manager in Julien Lopetegui, they can build a new team around Bale, Modric, Isco, Asensio, Benzema...or just buy Eden Hazard or Neymar. Gracias, Ronny, and thanks for the memories.

As for Juve, he provides something that they lack. For all their seven league titles in a row, it is now over 20 years since they last picked up the Champions' League and, with Ronaldo in tow, they can orientate themselves to have a proper tilt at it. He fits in a structure with Higuain and Dybala, their established stars, and adds to their star power, especially now that Buffon has departed for PSG. They should at least retain Serie A and hope to bat very deep into next year's Champions League with the man who just brought three in a row to Madrid.

And of course, we can't mention the transfer without talking about the fourth party in the room: Ronaldo's agent, Jorge Mendes. He'll pocket an astonishing amount, wring another two years out of his star asset and then flog him onto China or the MLS after one more final Euros in 2020.

9 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Jean Michael Serri on his way to Fulham according to reports, surprised by this as Chelsea Man Utd and Barca was after him

35 million apparently but yeah surprised thats his destination

Either way it is still a lot of money for a 33 year old  (especially when people were complaining on here last week that paying £6 million would be too much for a 30 year old grabban who scores 20+ goals per year for fun in this league ;) ) Maybe £88mil i saw was less signing on fees etc. No idea.

Edited by LakotaDakota

5 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Either way it is still a lot of money for a 33 year old  (especially when people were complaining on here last week that paying £6 million would be too much for a 30 year old grabban who scores 20+ goals per year for fun in this league ;) ) Maybe £88mil i saw was less signing on fees etc. No idea.

When you buy Grabban you buy a football player.

When you buy Ronaldo you buy a living advertisement and a cash cow.

10 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

They arent really comparable players ?

I assume Juve are going all in to try and win the Champions League next season.  He's still got a few years in him though he doesn't have that great a record of winning the league.  I know Juve are virtually guaranteed the league each year but it'll be interesting to see if he has similar tantrums there and what effect they have on the team.

Mbappe is a PSG player, not a chance will they sell him, jsut paid £140m for him and he's the hottest prospect in all of football, the FFP stuff is bollocks that they'll easily get out of

good move for Juve, would expect them to jump ahead of chelsea and arsenal on the forbes list over the next 4 years, maybe win a CL

matuidi - marchisio

Costa - Dybala - Ronaldo

Higuian

They'll be fun to watch

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Mbappe is a PSG player, not a chance will they sell him, jsut paid £140m for him and he's the hottest prospect in all of football, the FFP stuff is bollocks that they'll easily get out of

good move for Juve, would expect them to jump ahead of chelsea and arsenal on the forbes list over the next 4 years, maybe win a CL

matuidi - marchisio

Costa - Dybala - Ronaldo

Higuian

They'll be fun to watch

Seriously doubt they would play like that

More like 

Matuidi  Can           Pjanic

Costa    Ronaldo    Dybala

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

matuidi - marchisio

Costa - Dybala - Ronaldo

Higuian

They'll be fun to watch

Marchisio hasnt been a regular in a while. Pjanic, khedia, Can be ahead of him 

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Mahrez seems to be considered worth more than our club. Lucky old Leicester. 

It’s bonkers isn’t it how 1 decent (but not great) player can be worth more than AVFC. And that’s before his 5/6/7m a year wages. 

will be interesting to see mahrez for city because while i think he's good i dont if he's a good PL player or someone who will now take them forward in the CL, if there was a notion that david silva was going to start playing a bit less with his age (not that i think there is) i dont think mahrez is that good, i dont think he is a top tier player

Â