Summer Transfers 18/19

villa4europe

9 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Delaney to Dortmund is a poor signing for £20m, he is very limited.

going rate these days, an average player will cost you about 15-20 million quid. This lad cant even take a throw in properly ;)

Seen a bit of him at Weder Bremen, can score a goal at least although would say if he came to England he'd be Southampton or Leicester standard.

Actually thought he was Irish before he got his first Denmark call up! Must have a few relatives of that descent.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Seen a bit of him at Weder Bremen, can score a goal at least although would say if he came to England he'd be Southampton or Leicester standard.

Actually thought he was Irish before he got his first Denmark call up! Must have a few relatives of that descent.

American family not Irish

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Evans should be a good pick-up for Leicester. I think Evans-Maguire has the look of a very decent CB partnership. 

He was poor for West Brom last year but in a tight defensive system he's a really good CB I think. 3.5m is obviously a proper bargain in these times.

Surprised Leicester didn't play more of a back 3 last season. Doubt they'll park Evans-Maguire on the halfway line.

12 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Evans should be a good pick-up for Leicester. I think Evans-Maguire has the look of a very decent CB partnership. 

Liverpool should have snapped him up at that price. 

• Like 1

Nick Pope is being linked with a move from Burnley to Liverpool for around £16mil

I remember we was linked with him when he was at Charlton a few years back (from a few major newspapers)  and places like this below

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/aston-villa-tottenham-watching-charlton-keeper-nick-pope-4073186

Aston Villa and Tottenham are watching Charlton Athletic goalkeeper Nick Pope.

Pope is attracting top-flight admirers after racking up an impressive 25 shut outs in 40 league games while out on loan during the last two seasons.

The Mirror says Villa and Spurs are now eyeing former Ipswich youngster Pope having earmarked him as, initially, a potential back-up keeper.

Pope, whose current Charlton deal runs until 2018, is valued at around £750,000 by the Addicks.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Genie said:

Evans a steal at £3.5m, practically a free transfer in the current climate.

Wasn't it Evans that had the transfer clause of £4m but you had to pay £7m to his agent too?  Wonder if a lower selling price for the club somehow negates that clause or something.

24 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Wasn't it Evans that had the transfer clause of £4m but you had to pay £7m to his agent too?  Wonder if a lower selling price for the club somehow negates that clause or something.

When I heard Leicester triggered a release clause I assumed it was a relegation release clause. Basically when he signed a new deal he also refused to play for them if they were relegated so this is low enough that any PL club would buy him plus a few quid in the jar for WBA.

Amazed a better side didn't go in for him. He's a pretty efficient defender at premier league level.

• Like 1

On 01/06/2018 at 13:11, villa4europe said:

Wolves have bought 3 loan players from last season jota (£14m) boly (£13m) and afobe (£12.5m) surprised by the afobe transfer, means £40m spent on standing still

Sign him for £12m+, then loan him to Stoke?

Hmmmmmm.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

wolves continuing to do nothing dodgy at all...will no doubt sign some sporting lisbon players on a free too

Benfica. Got Raul Jimenez on loan ;)

yeah i saw him linked with a £30m move and them lot of course getting excited, his record for benfica is just under 1 in 4, he scored 1 in 21 for atletico and his record for mexico (where some players have crazy goal records) is 13 in 63

i think he will struggle

Â