Season Tickets 2019/20

PieFacE

Not renewing after 10 consecutive seasons.

Nothing to do with the Villa and decided before promotion was lost, it's just down to a few other circumstances. I am half looking forward to a bit of a break from it though to be honest. 

I'm going to be picking and choosing games this season instead and will probably renew again in a few years time.

I'm delighted I won't be sitting next to the miserable, abusive arsehole who has been there for a couple of seasons (not you @Rob182 ?, the other side of me).

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Not renewing after 10 consecutive seasons.

Nothing to do with the Villa and decided before promotion was lost, it's just down to a few other circumstances. I am half looking forward to a bit of a break from it though to be honest. 

I'm going to be picking and choosing games this season instead and will probably renew again in a few years time.

I'm delighted I won't be sitting next to the miserable, abusive arsehole who has been there for a couple of seasons (not you @Rob182 ?, the other side of me).

I think I’m looking forward to the prospect of going to a few games, wherever in the ground we want, than knowing I have to go to every game.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Why would remove season tickets from sale?

They had a window before it closed with a price freeze from last season. This was before we lost in the play off final so people could have gambled on  a season ticket and then get to chance to see the big boys back at Villa Park. However that did not happen so I expect the club to carry out a very minimal price lift from last year and try to flog a few more season tickets for anyone who wants to watch worse football for more money. 

I would have probably renewed for the tenth year (@Paddywhack has one more year on me ?) had it not been for buying a new house and having my first baby. I’m sure I’ll get a season ticket again, maybe in 3 or 4 years, with a renewed sense of optimism and hope!

• Like 2

For those like myself that have already renewed, is our money and ticket 'safe' in the current scenario. If we go into administration could these tickets be annulled or similar? 

Does anyone know how that works?

15 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

For those like myself that have already renewed, is our money and ticket 'safe' in the current scenario. If we go into administration could these tickets be annulled or similar? 

Hope you paid for it by credit card.

15 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

If you paid by credit card you have section 75 protection, your card provider is equally liable so they would refund you. 

If you paid by debit card, and administrators come in, and they decide to continue the business, they're not going to just cancel the tickets if we're still playing games. If they decide to just wind it up, they'd flog off all the assets and try to pay off any debts they can. In that case ticket holders could apply to be added to the list of creditors. You might get a fraction of your money back.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that :) 

On 01/06/2018 at 21:45, HanoiVillan said:

I will be purchasing my first ever season ticket this year. The last two years, I've been to about 80% of the home games, but didn't buy a season ticket as I wasn't sure if I would be staying near the Birmingham area. This proved very expensive! Now it looks like work will be here for at least one more year, so I'm getting one. UTV!

Well, a bit embarrassing going back on a post that had 11 likes, but since I hadn't got around to making the purchase, and it seems to be significantly less than certain whether there will be a team to watch, but this is being shelved indefinitely. 

What an abysmal day. 

I have had a couple of corporate season tickets through my business for quite a few years. My account manager has been chasing me to renew, so yesterday I asked her to let me know today what assurances I would have that the money would be safe or the tickets valid in the event of the club going into administration. 

She didn’t respond today as promised. I am assuming that as yet, they can give no such assurances.