Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
PieFacE

Season Tickets 2019/20

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, blandy said:

Yes they have. You can go on the website and get onetrin.jpg

ah ok, yesterday morning they hadn't. 

Looks like once the rest had pretty much gone, then they opened the Upper part.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So they've released another 3,000+ season tickets in the Upper Trinity - 3,273 left now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The upper Trinity was closed when I bought mine yesterday but now it's open I've just swapped mine and my daughter's tickets to A8 front row! Should be a much better view for her than Upper North.

Was worried that the club wouldn't let me swap them until the 29th but luckily they were fine with it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Twitter is wrong.

There's no way we sold 15k season tickets yesterday and there's no way the club would allow 35k season tickets to be sold. 

 

Put it this way; 

Lower Holte L4-L8 SOLD OUT, L2 4 seats left, L3 1 seat left.

Upper Holte K2 87 seats left, K3 15 seats left, K5 16 seats left, K6 88

Doug Ellis stand there's a couple blocks left with 180/200 odd seats everything else is similar numbers to upper Holte.

North stand most blocks sold out

Lower Trinity Pretty much sold out and just opened upper stand, so there's a lot been sold leaving maybe 10-12k So I wasn't too far off 😚

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, floody555 said:

Put it this way; 

Lower Holte L4-L8 SOLD OUT, L2 4 seats left, L3 1 seat left.

Upper Holte K2 87 seats left, K3 15 seats left, K5 16 seats left, K6 88

Doug Ellis stand there's a couple blocks left with 180/200 odd seats everything else is similar numbers to upper Holte.

North stand most blocks sold out

Lower Trinity Pretty much sold out and just opened upper stand, so there's a lot been sold leaving maybe 10-12k So I wasn't too far off 😚

Plus the blocks not yet released until after the existing ST re-seating happens on June 29th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt the club will let any more than about 28,000 to be sold. They need to keep seats for match to match (in which if we sell out generates more revenue per game than ST holders), away fans, and the corporate flunkies. Its a nice problem to have, rather than getting 27,000 versus Rotherham.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw someone on Twitter earlier saying "Oh great, all the plastics are buying season tickets now we're back in the Prem"  :crylaugh:

What a moron. I gave up mine last year (which I now regret!), but I'm proud to say I was a ST holder during the illustrious Sherwood, Garde, Lambert, Houllier & McLeish eras :lol:

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upper Trinity - 3,273, Lower Trinity - 108, North - 375, Doug Ellis - 1,006, Holte - 214 = Total - 4,976

So 5,000 ST left - i think that includes the re-seating options, as Holte now has more available than they did yesterday.

3,000 for away fans.  1,000 corporate.  5,000 seats held for individual sale purposes. 

42k ground, which would mean 28,000 season tickets sold. 

Is that roughly the position?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what the atmosphere will be like in the Upper Trinity. Non-existent, I imagine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Upper Trinity - 3,273, Lower Trinity - 108, North - 375, Doug Ellis - 1,006, Holte - 214 = Total - 4,976

So 5,000 ST left - i think that includes the re-seating options, as Holte now has more available than they did yesterday.

3,000 for away fans.  1,000 corporate.  5,000 seats held for individual sale purposes. 

42k ground, which would mean 28,000 season tickets sold. 

Is that roughly the position?

 

Had a look at a couple of Prem clubs who reported season ticket sell outs in last few years. Generally seem to be around 75% of total capacity. On that basis, at Villa you'd be talking around 31-32K season tickets for them to be sold out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As others have said the club won't sell any more than around 28k season tickets. With the away allocation that would leave around 10k to sell game by game. I'd imagine they do this not so much for the extra revenue, as that would be very little, but to allow different supporters to attend to help maximise the amount of supporters we have.

If you only had a couple of thousand tickets available for each game you may find potential new supporters would look elsewhere and support a club they could actually get to watch live a few times a season.

I'd expect us to sell out of season tickets and average 40k+ next season. The fan base and club seem to be as united as they have been for years and I think as fans we accept next season will be tough but we will stay right behind the club.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Twitter is wrong.

There's no way we sold 15k season tickets yesterday and there's no way the club would allow 35k season tickets to be sold. 

 

Correct me if I am wrong here OBE, I was always under the impression we balanced it at a 50/50 ratio so to speak. So say our 44k capacity is divided in 22k season tickets, the other 22k seats are - 17k general sale, 2k corporate, 3k away allocation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

As others have said the club won't sell any more than around 28k season tickets. With the away allocation that would leave around 10k to sell game by game. I'd imagine they do this not so much for the extra revenue, as that would be very little, but to allow different supporters to attend to help maximise the amount of supporters we have.

If you only had a couple of thousand tickets available for each game you may find potential new supporters would look elsewhere and support a club they could actually get to watch live a few times a season.

I'd expect us to sell out of season tickets and average 40k+ next season. The fan base and club seem to be as united as they have been for years and I think as fans we accept next season will be tough but we will stay right behind the club.

Looks like we need to get that North stand redeveloped and the DE stand expanded mirroring the Trinity Road stand, at this rate.

I assume plans are already in place and it could happen as soon as the end of this season on one of stands atleast.

(Eventually, stick the away fans up in the upper tier of the DE out the way - Hopefully renamed the Ron Saunders Stand, eventually)

 

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think anyone who buys a season ticket can be labelled a "plastic"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given until the last couple of seasons it is amazing how our support base has stayed strong and recovered so quickly considering how bad  most of the football has been served up since 2010. And we have never dropped below 30,000 average attendances.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't think anyone who buys a season ticket can be labelled a "plastic"

I mean, if we remarkably land in a Top 4 position this season, then I suppose someone that had no affinity to the club and then decided to get a ST could be labelled a "plastic", but yeah, anyone right now that gets a ticket for the league that we've spent most of the last 30 years in, can hardly be called plastic.

I work with a Man Utd fan that has a ST. I'd call him a plastic fan. He's earned some respect from me because he does (or did, until recently) drive to every home game and some away games. But that doesn't change the fact that he had no connection to Man Utd or Manchester at all, and seemingly just chose them because they were successful.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A8 seems good value considering it's one of the cheaper tiers for season tickets but for individual match tickets it's a higher price category - I'm assuming it's cheaper because it's in the family zone so the atmosphere will be quieter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
Â