Season Tickets 2019/20

PieFacE

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

20,000 season tickets now sold. 

Mad as a box of frogs us lot. 

Daily Mail reckons we have only sold 9 !  only kidding - 20,000 is a great effort though 

Edited by hippo
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

Been to a lot of away games the past few seasons but took the plunge on my first season ticket in about ten years.

Going to be travelling up from London with @dont_do_it_doug.

Be careful, he's got a bad habit of interfering with people. Watch his hands at all times. 

On 01/06/2018 at 23:23, markavfc40 said:

Renewed about 7 weeks ago. This will be my 31st consecutive season as a ST holder. Wouldn't matter what division we are in I plan on going as long as I draw breath....or my knees, hip, back give way and I can no longer get to VP ?

I plan on going as long as it says Aston Villa on the outside of the building................. and not Wing Yip.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 15/06/2018 at 12:22, sidcow said:

20,000 season tickets now sold. 

Mad as a box of frogs us lot. 

Tommy Docherty probably never realised how poignant that quote of his how 20,000 fans would turn up to watch villa shirts dry on a washing line.

what foresight the man had.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, TRO said:

Tommy Docherty probably never realised how poignant that quote of his how 20,000 fans would turn up watch villa shirts dry on a washing line.

what foresight the man had.

That's a cracker!!

• Thanks 1

On 17/06/2018 at 15:31, pas5898 said:

Just brought my first season ticket for 10 years! 

I think this could be a decent season for us. I really do!

You ITK champion, you.?

We have all been waiting patiently for you.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know probably no one would want to do this

But until you use your season ticket for the first time - you are entitled to a full refund if you wish.

If a good whack of those £20k purchasers did this - Xia would quite simply have to go.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

But until you use your season ticket for the first time - you are entitled to a full refund if you wish.

If a good whack of those £20k purchasers did this - Xia would quite simply have to go.

I think if one of us did it the club would struggle to pay us the money back (not that I'm suggesting that any of us should do so)! :(

46th consecutive year as a STH and at present I have no appetite for the coming season thanks to the clown who owns us. I’m hoping my enthusiasm returns soon but I have very little interest in football at the moment.

Edited by Robbie09

46 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

46th consecutive years as a STH and at present I have no appetite for the coming season thanks to the clown who owns us. I’m hoping my enthusiasm returns soon but I have very little interest in football at the moment.

Well done on that. Have had a ST myself since they first introduced standing ones for the Holte End (in the late 70's I think).  I know where you are coming from but that enthusiasm will be back for the first home game or failing that for the first home win (sometime in October perhaps?):thumb:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Robbie09 said:

46th consecutive years as a STH and at present I have no appetite for the coming season thanks to the clown who owns us. I’m hoping my enthusiasm returns soon but I have very little interest in football at the moment.

Whilst I can't get close to 46 years, I very much feel your pain. To me, buying a season ticket is like buying petrol, it's something you don't really want to buy, you find that 90% of it is wasted sitting in traffic and irritating you and yet you MUST buy it to survive or give you that hope of a little bit of escapism.

I can't say I enjoy what football has become, I can't say I enjoyed last season (everything felt like a struggle) and I can see very little hope for the future. But buying a season ticket isn't ever a choice I have to make, you just do it.

Clearly, there are far too many other idiots like me.

11 hours ago, hippo said:

That would probably put the top on it.....and the football club would be at risk,even more.

However, I do feel that the supporters trust or folk sufficiently knowledgable and passionate about us...... needs to ensure the next owner has the right intentions.

We need a representative to support the clubs interests and future.

20,000 season tickets and the lure of millions for winning promotion is sufficient bait to attract the wrong kind......We have been duped too many times.

These guys come in with all the fancy soundbites and buzz words and baffle us with science or business procedures from foreign lands that are difficult to question.

We need a say in our future IMO.....and we are right to question, what don't stack up in laymans terms.

Edited by TRO

On 20/06/2018 at 17:55, TRO said:

I plan on going as long as it says Aston Villa on the outside of the building................. and not Wing Yip.

But wholesale changes are needed, aren’t they?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2