Jump to content
Adblockers - please click ×
Sign in to follow this  
BOF

World Cup : Group H (Pol, Sen, Col, Jpn)

Recommended Posts

Approaching midnight in Tokyo & Shibuya looked like this after winning one game. Wonder what will happen if they get out of the group

& Japanese fans still cleaning up after themselves in the stadium by dishing out big blue bin bags to fill with any rubbish

DgD6EalXcAAZWMp.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So our old friend Carlos Sanchez has been threatened to his life after his sending off and penalty against Japan.

Guess this happens from time to time in football, but for us who remembers the fate of Colombian international Andrés Escobar it  get's a bit more serious.

For those too young he was shot dead after scoring an own goal in the 94 WC causing Colombia to crash out of the tournament.

Hope this is no more than some internet troll throwing a tantrum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, sne said:

So our old friend Carlos Sanchez has been threatened to his life after his sending off and penalty against Japan.

Guess this happens from time to time in football, but for us who remembers the fate of Colombian international Andrés Escobar it  get's a bit more serious.

For those too young he was shot dead after scoring an own goal in the 94 WC causing Colombia to crash out of the tournament.

Hope this is no more than some internet troll throwing a tantrum.

Colombia were among the favourites to win that world cup, having destroyed Argentina 5-0 away in qualifying and boasting some really excellent players like Freddy Rincon, Valderama and Tino Asprilla. Andres Escobar for what it's worth was supposed to be moving to AC Milan that summer. One of the cartels (probably the Medellin one) were continuously sending out death threats to the coach Maturana to stop him selecting certain players and to 'incentivise' Colombia's performances, this obviously made them shit scared going into their matches. 

They were great against the Swiss who had a good team and played really well against Romania but were undone by the quality of Hagi, Raducioiu and Dimitrescu. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Colombia were among the favourites to win that world cup, having destroyed Argentina 5-0 away in qualifying and boasting some really excellent players like Freddy Rincon, Valderama and Tino Asprilla. Andres Escobar for what it's worth was supposed to be moving to AC Milan that summer. One of the cartels (probably the Medellin one) were continuously sending out death threats to the coach Maturana to stop him selecting certain players and around the performance of Colombia, this obviously made them shit scared going into their matches. 

They were great against the Swiss who had a good team and played really well against Romania but were undone by the quality of Hagi, Raducioiu and Dimitrescu. 

Yup!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, sne said:

So our old friend Carlos Sanchez has been threatened to his life after his sending off and penalty against Japan.

Guess this happens from time to time in football, but for us who remembers the fate of Colombian international Andrés Escobar it  get's a bit more serious.

For those too young he was shot dead after scoring an own goal in the 94 WC causing Colombia to crash out of the tournament.

Hope this is no more than some internet troll throwing a tantrum.

At least Carlos dosen't play in SA, Escobar did so he had to go back to Colombia and sadly face the music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, villa4europe said:

only bit of scrapping ive seen so far at this world cup, poland and senegal fans having a ding dong

Not remotely surprised - quite the undercurrent of hate in the Polish lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As mentioned above.

Carlos Sánchez death threats investigated by Colombian police

Quote

Police in Colombia have launched an investigation into a series of online death threats made against Carlos Sánchez, who was sent off only three minutes into his country’s opening World Cup game.

In a chilling reminder of the murder of Andrés Escobar, who was gunned down days after scoring an own goal for Colombia at the 1994 World Cup, several social media users have targeted the former Aston Villa midfielder with vile messages threatening his life.

Sánchez, described as “one of Colombia’s most important players” by the manager, José Pékerman, struck out a hand to block Shinji Kagawa’s effort on the line and earn the second fastest red card in World Cup history. Kagawa rolled Japan’s resulting penalty past David Ospina in a nightmare start to Colombia’s campaign.

The extra Japanese player ultimately proved crucial as the Blue Samurai went on to record a shock 2-1 win against the Group H favourites. As more than 25,000 disappointed Colombian fans left the Mordovia Arena in Saransk, one Twitter user posted a picture of Sánchez aligned with a photograph of Escobar and the message: “I propose a dream.”

Amid the thousands of tweets repudiating the threat, others supported the idea. “If Andrés Escobar was killed for scoring an own goal, then Carlos Sánchez should be murdered and his dead body pissed on,” said one of the replies.

The Colombian radio station Blu Radio has confirmed the judicial arm of the Colombian police has assigned a special cybercrime team to investigate.

Colombia face Poland in Kazan on Sunday in a must-win tie for both countries. Sánchez, who has 80 caps for his country, will miss the game after picking up a one-match ban.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Not remotely surprised - quite the undercurrent of hate in the Polish lot.

Very classy comment. 

Can I comment on racial/nationalistic prejudice of particular members of Villa Talk now?

I'll let you guess which ones. 

Edited by Mic09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Very classy comment. 

Can I comment on racial/nationalistic prejudice of particular members of Villa Talk now?

I'll let you guess which ones. 

You disagree that there’s a right-wing undercurrent in Polish football then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You disagree that there’s a right-wing undercurrent in Polish football then?

Yes, I agree there are trouble makers (they are mostly national socialists however, making them left wing). And even if they are right wing, what is wrong with being 'right wing'? And what's that got to do with anything regarding trouble in this particular situation?

At the same time, you did not imply anything about 'polish football' but made a sweeping statement about 'Polish lot' making trouble. Very nice and not prejudiced at all. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Yes, I agree there are trouble makers (they are mostly national socialists however, making them left wing). And even if they are right wing, what is wrong with being 'right wing'? And what's that got to do with anything regarding trouble in this particular situation?

At the same time, you did not imply anything about 'polish football' but made a sweeping statement about 'Polish lot' making trouble. Very nice and not prejudiced at all. 

 

Ah - well my bad, I assumed the football element was implied given this forum/the discussion. Certainly not casting aspersions about the entire nation of Poland! Also fully aware it’s a minority (as are England’s similar issues). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Yes, I agree there are trouble makers (they are mostly national socialists however, making them left wing). And even if they are right wing, what is wrong with being 'right wing'? And what's that got to do with anything regarding trouble in this particular situation?

At the same time, you did not imply anything about 'polish football' but made a sweeping statement about 'Polish lot' making trouble. Very nice and not prejudiced at all. 

 

LOL wut. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Yes, I agree there are trouble makers (they are mostly national socialists however, making them left wing). And even if they are right wing, what is wrong with being 'right wing'? And what's that got to do with anything regarding trouble in this particular situation?

At the same time, you did not imply anything about 'polish football' but made a sweeping statement about 'Polish lot' making trouble. Very nice and not prejudiced at all. 

 

Nazi party?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mic09 said:

(they are mostly national socialists however, making them left wing).

giphy.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess this is an 'off topic' political conversation - so I will be happy to continue this on a specific thread if anyone wants a discussion ;)

But to say that Polish football hooliganism is 'right wing' is very wrong. I know because I am Polish myself and know many fans that might be considered hooligans.

Most people with such views believe in strong government, protectionism of the internal markets, financial support for polish families (government funded) and have a strong nationalistic angle to their beliefs, where they believe the government should take action to prefer Poles rather than foreigners, both in social and business aspects.

All these are traits of government run, left wing beliefs, despite what the 'media label' might have you believe (For the record, I do not associate with these in the slightest!) :)

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

great game here between Japan and Senegal, some dodgy decision making at the back making it very open!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/06/2018 at 12:44, Mic09 said:

I guess this is an 'off topic' political conversation - so I will be happy to continue this on a specific thread if anyone wants a discussion ;)

But to say that Polish football hooliganism is 'right wing' is very wrong. I know because I am Polish myself and know many fans that might be considered hooligans.

Most people with such views believe in strong government, protectionism of the internal markets, financial support for polish families (government funded) and have a strong nationalistic angle to their beliefs, where they believe the government should take action to prefer Poles rather than foreigners, both in social and business aspects.

All these are traits of government run, left wing beliefs, despite what the 'media label' might have you believe (For the record, I do not associate with these in the slightest!) :)

Dude, you need to read up on your political philosophy 101. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, a m ole said:

great game here between Japan and Senegal, some dodgy decision making at the back making it very open!

Been a good game - wouldn't rule out a 3rd for either team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
Â