World Cup : Group H (Pol, Sen, Col, Jpn)

BOF

45 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Poland have been awful. Sat watching with a group of them and they're pissed off

Don't rate Adam Nawalka tbh, too defensive. 

Just not as strong as last euros. Could actually see this coming. Gilk the best defender injured and Krychowiak had an awful time at club level last two seasons.

Two huge players for Poland.

5 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Hope I don’t have to see Poland play again this tournament. Absolutely disgusting performance. 

Bit harsh. Poor performance for sure but first game nerves and all that. It’s one game. Overwhelmed by occasion perhaps? They definitely need to improve and quick though. 

What a bell end.

YOU’RE FIRED! 

Alan Sugar ‘racist’ tweet sparks outrage after he compares Senegal footie team to Marbella beach touts

Lord Sugar was slammed after he uploaded a picture of the team – with mocked-up images of sunglasses in front of them

LORD Sugar sparked outrage this morning after comparing the Senegal football team to Marbella beach touts.

The Apprentice star was slammed after he posted a picture of the Senegal team on Twitter along with the caption: "I recognise some of these guys from the beach in Marbella. Multi tasking resourceful chaps."

Lord Sugar was heavily criticised for this tweet, compared the Senegal team to "guys from the beach in Marbella"

He even mocked up images of sunglasses and handbags in front of the Senegalese footballers, including £90,000-a-week Liverpool star Sadio Mane who beat Poland 2-1 in their opening World Cup match.

After the tweet sparked a race storm on social media, Lord Sugar deleted it - but refused to apologise, calling the reaction "OTT" and insisting it was only a "bloody joke".

He told his 5.47 million followers: “Just been reading the reaction to my funny tweet about the guy on the beach in Marbella . Seems it has been interpreted in the wrong way as offensive by a few people . Frankly I cant see that I think it's funny. But I will pull it down if you insist.”

BBC journalist Babita Sharma wrote: "A shocking, vile tweet that you take a screen grab of because you know it will soon be deleted."

Responding to that, Lord Sugar told her: "if it so vile why have you retweeted it . You make me sick."

Actress Kelechi Okafor tweeted: "Just based on their Blackness @Lord_Sugar as inferred the type of lifestyle accessible to the players.

"Imagine if Ireland were playing a match and someone photoshopped a potato field around them. It would be crude and unfunny.

"Lord Sugar is constructing this joke on the premise that all black people look alike, are poor and cannot achieve social mobility. This is why I say that racism is too deeply ingrained within the British psyche for certain people to even realise how damaging and hurtful their 'jokes' are."

Replying on Twitter, the 71-year-old said: "if its so bad why have you re tweeted it ."

Some Twitter followers compared Lord Sugar to Roseanne Barr, the US sitcom star who was dropped by her network after an outcry following a racist tweet.

Meanwhile campaigners were urging the public to complain to the House of Lords Commissioner for Standards over the tweet. Lord Sugar joined the House of Lords in 2009.

The BBC, who broadcast The Apprentice, were preparing a statement today.

It is not yet known whether Scotland Yard are investigating the tweet.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/world-cup-2018/6579513/alan-sugar-tweet-senegal-world-cup-marbella-beach-touts/

Frankly I cant see that I think it's funny

I just don't understand what he thinks the joke is. The only way I can interpret it is "hahaha, black guys all look the same. Am I right?".

How can there be so many people that not only think it's funny, but also don't see how it's racist as ****. Christ. 

Edited by Davkaus

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I just don't understand what he thinks the joke is. The only way I can interpret it is "hahaha, black guys all look the same. Am I right?".

How can there be so many people that not only think it's funny, but also don't see how it's racist as ****. Christ. 

Or that all Africans sell sunglasses on the beach.

Either way it's a ridiculously racist thing to tweet. And like Pangloss says, it undermines him if he ever moans about Anti-Semitism (I'm not saying Anti-Semitism shouldn't be moaned about by the way!)

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

That's tame compared to the implication that all black people are poor and can't achieve upward mobility.

Â