World Cup : Group H (Pol, Sen, Col, Jpn)

BOF

3 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Correct call... but they gotta fix that. Columbia get punished 3 times for 1 infringement:

- penalty

- player sent off

- player unavailable for the next 2 games

Agreed. Shouldn't be banned for the next two I think. I think the first two punishments are just. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Correct call... but they gotta fix that. Columbia get punished 3 times for 1 infringement:

- penalty

- player sent off

1 game ban I think

8 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

- penalty

- player sent off

They did,  you're not meant to get red cards for penalties anymore to avoid "triple-punishment". The exception, however, is for players deliberately denying goal-scoring opportunities, or basically, outright cheating like Sanchez did.

It's good to actually see refs awarding penalties in the first few minutes. So may times in the past you seem to get nothing in the first 15-20 mins as refs seem afraid to "ruin the game" but it looks that with VAR being ever present and likely to overrule them they are simply thinking incident = penalty even if it's in the first minute

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

They did,  you're not meant to get red cards for penalties anymore to avoid "triple-punishment". The exception, however, is for players deliberately denying goal-scoring opportunities, or basically, outright cheating like Sanchez did.

Agreed.  That's pretty much the most egregious type of cheating there is.  It deserves everything it gets.

Â