World Cup : Group G (Eng, Bel, Pan, Tun)

BOF

At least this time we got to see the picture in picture of the VAR Room. It appears the screen showing a potential infraction lights up red and then can then look at it from whatever angle they want. If more decisions went to picture in picture I would be less suspicious of VAR. 

apparently this was a "black or white" decision where the ref is not allowed to review the video of the incident and is only told by the VAR room if his call was right or wrong.

According to the Swedish ref in the studio.

a bit like the england game, loads of chances created vs this Tunisian defence, the interesting comparison for me isnt necessarily how many of them belgium end up tucking away its for how long they can keep the intensity up, i think the conditions and decisions caused english heads to drop, if belgium stay like this for 90 minutes fair play to them, they'll also score about 6

Belgium look very good going forward, think they’ll get 4 today.

KDB is still too deep though, at times Witsel is ahead of him. I want to see him really affecting the play, as when he is in the right position he’s one of the best, if not the best on current form. 

It’s a very different game to our game vs Tunisia. 

Tunisia have to come out and try to win this game. Against us they were fine to play for the draw. 

I expect Belgium to wrap this up second half by exploiting that

Really enjoy watching Belgium play, they are not perfect, especially defense and positioning in CM.

But with the ball they are stellar on their day.

And KDB hasn't even kicked into gear yet.

seems like our journalists are trying their hardest to fall out with england again, southgate has had a bit of a whinge at them over the long lense camera trying to reveal our line up and tactics No drama, but any time we give the opposition the opportunity to see our team it’s a disadvantage. Our media have to decide if they want to help the team or not, followed by this - 

DgXqNveX0AEhV8J.jpg:large

southgate gives them more access than previous managers have done and they've decided to go after him now? utter words removed, the leak is a load of bollocks anyway

18 minutes ago, AXD said:

Nice goal, Lukaku on 4

4 shots, 4 goals according to the commentator. Not a bad strike rate.

Belgium's defense ain't all that, but they're the best team of the tournament going forward, a joy to watch.

Just now, MrDuck said:

4 shots, 4 goals according to the commentator. Not a bad strike rate.

Belgium's defense ain't all that, but they're the best team of the tournament going forward, a joy to watch.

they have played 2 poor teams though. I wouldnt judge a team on beating Panama and Tunisia

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

they have played 2 poor teams though. I wouldnt judge a team on beating Panama and Tunisia

True, but there’s a lot of big teams struggling against the smaller ones. So beating them comfortably is a good sign

11 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Belgium showing what a good team can do against Tunisia. 

They have looked very good indeed, but it would be unreasonable to say England didn’t also waltz all over Tunisia at times. This game has opened up for Belgium, and it would have opened up for England too if they hadn’t given away a silly, unlucky pen. Luck is very underrated in football. 

That’s not to say England are as good as Belgium, maybe they’re not, but I wouldn’t use these two games to write off England either. 

Edited by Michelsen

9 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Belgium showing what a good team can do against Tunisia. 

Keep spinning that record. *yawn*.

Belgium get the same 3 points as we got and they are playing against a more open and attacking Tunisia which leaves gaps to exploit. We played against a defensive Tunisia with 11 men behind the ball and a referee who hated giving us anything with the uncertainty that comes with an opening game.

Edited by Ingram85

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

Keep spinning that record. *yawn*.

Belgium get the same 3 points as we got and they are playing against a more open and attacking Tunisia which leaves gaps to exploit. We played against a defensive Tunisia with 11 men behind the ball and a referee who hated giving us anything.

They're more expansive because they conceded two early goals and stop crying about the ref.

Â