World Cup : Group G (Eng, Bel, Pan, Tun)

BOF

I'd love to see the reaction if match officials actually enforced the full amount of stoppage time. "Coming up to the end of the half, we have 22 minutes added on". Then they'd need to chuck another 10 minutes on at the end of that. And another 5 minutes. 

We'd have a match that never ends due to Zeno's paradox. 

Maybe there's something to this 30 minute half thing. :P

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Kane is definitely better than Lewandowski. If Kane played in that Bayern team he'd be hitting 50 goals a season. I think Kane could well end up with 5-6 goals in this world cup, no reason why, for instance, he couldn't hit a hattrick or more against Panama. Could be an Oleg Salenko moment for him.

I wonder where the goalposts will be moved to if he preforms in the world cup. Surely there can't be much more room for arguing he isn't world class after that.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Kane is definitely better than Lewandowski. If Kane played in that Bayern team he'd be hitting 50 goals a season. I think Kane could well end up with 5-6 goals in this world cup, no reason why, for instance, he couldn't hit a hattrick or more against Panama. Could be an Oleg Salenko moment for him.

50 goals a season?

Lewandowski has been doing that for the last 3 seasons at Bayern ;)

Lewandowski for me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

50 goals a season?

Lewandowski for me. 

He hasn't though. If you switched the two players' clubs I'd wager that Lewandowski would be far less effective at Spurs, whilst Kane would do even better at Bayern. 

i thought we started excellent, played with a lot of pace, created several chances and should have been out of sight, then the ref awards a ropey penalty and we went to shit, then you add in the penalty not given and some shithousery from the Tunisians (not just the harry kane rugby tackle but stopping the game because a bloke got hit in the side by a ball...that might be near the top of the games gone thread) and i think the conditions (it looked hot and loads of insects) and the pace dropped off, we were poor in the 2nd half, i think in kane we have a proper goalscorer who will need a lineker 86,90 tournament if we are to do anything

the belgium game was probably the opposite, they looked shit in the first half but then scored a great goal and i think panama's head and fitness slightly dropped and belgium took control, the ball from de bruyne for the 2nd goal is probably as good as any we'll see all world cup, thing of beauty

i think england will just need patience against them

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I wonder where the goalposts will be moved to if he preforms in the world cup. Surely there can't be much more room for arguing he isn't world class after that.

Not sure. For me he's world class already, he's arguably the best finisher in the world and his hold up play, shooting from distance and distribution is also top notch.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

50 goals a season?

Lewandowski for me. 

The most he's ever scored was 43 and that was the season before last. He and Kane both got 41 last season.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

The most he's ever scored was 43 and that was the season before last. He and Kane both got 41 last season.

Last 3 seasons in Bundesliga.

42, 43, 41.

Add to that the champions league goals + cups and goals for the country. 

Lewandowski (right now) is a better player, however they are very similar in the way they play. 

6 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Last 3 seasons in Bundesliga.

42, 43, 41.

Add to that the champions league goals + cups and goals for the country. 

Lewandowski (right now) is a better player, however they are very similar in the way they play. 

Those figures are for all competitions. In the Bundesliga, those figures are 30, 30, 29.

For Kane in the same seasons he scored 25, 29 and 30. Not much in it.

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Those figures are for all competitions. In the Bundesliga, those figures are 30, 30, 29.

For Kane in the same seasons he scored 25, 29 and 30. Not much in it.

Ay but the PL is the best league in the world fam, and *insert league here* is absolute mickey mouse.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Ay but the PL is the best league in the world fam, and *insert league here* is absolute mickey mouse.

I think its fair to say that the premier league is more competitive than the Bundesliga, especially as a Bayern player.

• Like 4

is it? i dont think so

this "competitive" stuff is a myth, what it really means is the gap between the poor teams and the good teams in the PL isn't as big as it is elsewhere and thats because our good teams arent as good or as consistent as your bayern munichs, it doesnt mean our poor teams are better than their poor teams

its not like lewandowski scores more goals because he's playing weaker opposition, he plays for a better team no argument there

i think lewandowski is slightly ahead but not by much and he has age on kane too, in the next 3/4 years i see kane taking his place as the best in europe, ageuro is 30 too, cavani 31, falcao 32, suarez 31, costa 29, higuain 30 so really its Kane, lukaku, icardi, immobile going forward and he's better than all of them

he's now up to 15 england goals too, it will be interesting to see how close he gets to rooneys record

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I had some kid telling me he needs to 'educate me' after I posted (on twitter) that Kane is best in the world.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrDuck said:

Just seen the higlights of the Belgium game. That pass from DeBruyne for Lukaku's first goal... wow!

His vision is absurd, and then to be actually able to execute that pass.  Amazing player.

• Like 1

Â