World Cup : Group G (Eng, Bel, Pan, Tun)

BOF

bel.pngBelgium

pan.pngPanama

tun.pngTunisia

eng.pngEngland

MATCHES
18/06 @ 16:00 - Belgium v Panama
18/06 @ 19:00 - Tunisia v England
23/06 @ 13:00 - Belgium v Tunisia
24/06 @ 13:00 - England v Panama
28/06 @ 19:00 - England v Belgium
28/06 @ 19:00 - Panama v Tunisia

Winner faces runner up from group H (Poland, Senegal, Colombia, Japan)
Runner up faces winner from group H

All times in BST

last i heard england hadnt sold out the 2k official allocation vs tunisia, looking like the worst attendance from england fans for a long time

of course the media story will be the big bad russians and their violent racist ways, nothing that i've seen is being made of the logistics, games in volgograd, nizhny novgorod and kaliningrad...honeymoon hotspots, no direct flights to any of them, just the 5,000 miles, its an awful group to be in for a travelling fan

Panama's red, blue and white eclecticism promise to make them a surprisingly interesting watch this tournament, but Tunisia's bold design should let to them being a tournament surprise package. 

Belgium's budget effort at copying Germany may be good enough to see off Panama, but not Tunisia, while England will be simple but boring. 

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

last i heard england hadnt sold out the 2k official allocation vs tunisia, looking like the worst attendance from england fans for a long time

We only have 2k allocation?

My memory from the euros each FA gets a really small allocation, not sure if they can apply for more, stadium holds 45k, fifa will give a % to their mates, they then give a % to locals, if its like UEFA they then give a large % to a raffle like draw for neutrals which is done before you know who is playing bit once you know who is playing has all kinds of ticket exchanges, if you dont meet the FAs away fan criteria then thats where youll get a ticket from

So we havent "sold out" but there will probably be more than 2k england fans there

a6173e60159fe06f947018704594f740.png

614 miles from Volgograd to Nizhny Novgorod
1,050 miles from Nizhny Novgorod to Kaliningrad

Eye-watering.

• Like 1

The game in kaliningrad should be a bit busier, bigger game vs belgium, 2 and half hour drive from gdansk and im not sure how russian the area is due to its location, might be a bit more like lithuania and Estonia 

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

not sure how russian the area is due to its location, might be a bit more like lithuania and Estonia 

I'd have thought the fact it has wanted and managed to stay Russian despite its location suggests it will be extremely Russian.

• Like 1

On 01/06/2018 at 16:11, villa4europe said:

from memory england had a bad group for the south africa and brazil, one game miles out of the way in each but at least they did have a game in rio and cape town, this time they've got nothing

I went to all three England games in Brazil. We played in Manaus, Sao Paulo and. Belo Horizonte. Didn't have a game in Rio, sadly. 

• Like 1

Â