World Cup : Group D (Arg, Ice, Cro, Nga)

BOF

Aguero showing that on form and fully fit, he is one of the best finishers in the world. The touch to get out his feet and then the strike with very little back-lift was sublime. Keeper dived after the ball was in.

wow though what a shock to equalise so soon 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Well, that's game over. Iceland can't just sit back now.

They either keep sitting back to keep the GD down, or try to get back in it and lose by 4 or 5.

When your back 2 are Rojo and Otamendi it is never over. Two flat footed oafs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

What’s annoying is every time an Iceland player who plays in Britain touches the ball, the commentators say (x) from club (y), apart from BB, not once have I heard them say Bjarnasson from Aston Villa 

Does seem to be true this. However they did mention Jedinak played at Villa multiple times in the earlier game, so I guess it isn't an actual policy or anything ?

Edit: unless it is an itv policy of course!

Edited by Lichfield Dean

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

What’s annoying is every time an Iceland player who plays in Britain touches the ball, the commentators say (x) from club (y), apart from BB, not once have I heard them say Bjarnasson from Aston Villa 

The commentator I'm watching (Peter Drury) said "Aston Villa, the famous club", and went into detail about our bid to come back to the premier league.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Does seem to be true this. However they did mention Jedinak played at Villa multiple times in the earlier game, so I guess it isn't an actual policy or anything ?

Edit: unless it is an itv policy of course!

Was working during the morocco game yesterday so only had the radio on (Talksport) and Villa must have been mentioned about 100 times, Every time they mentioned El Hamadi before & during the game there was something about villa

Â