World Cup : Group D (Arg, Ice, Cro, Nga)

BOF

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

That was shite.  Why can't players take a proper run up nowadays.

it was an odd effort, nothing wrong with disguising your kick with a short run up but if you’re waiting for the keeper to move just hit the target, looks like he still tried to pick the very top corner.

Edited by a m ole

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

So now if Argentina beats Nigeria they go through. This is not what I expected at all. 

still a big if to be fair based on their attitude last night, although the new manager bounce might see them through...

Just now, Czechlad said:

So now if Argentina beats Nigeria they go through. This is not what I expected at all. 

Unless Iceland beat Croatia by the same or better score as they're one goal better off on goal difference.  I think the Argies need to sack their manager and get someone else out there ASAP.

17 minutes ago, a m ole said:

it was an odd effort, nothing wrong with disgusting your kick with a short run up 

You are right, it was disgusting :D

• Haha 1

Nigeria were good today (only saw second half). Always felt their pace and power would give Iceland trouble.

Problem is a midfield of Mikel and Ndidi is not capable of controlling play like Modric-Rakitic so Argentina will get more of the ball and Nigeria always look like they have a mistake in them.

Can actually see Argentina scraping through now.

Well good news for Iceland is Croatia's manager admitted he will rest players for the group stage since they are basically guaranteed first now. Iceland will likely face Croatia's B team.

Nothing would make me happier to see Argentina beat Nigeria, but still fail to go through because Iceland beat Croatia. 

I can see Argentina getting through.  They'll beat Nigeria and if Iceland fail to beat Croatia which is highly likely, then the Argies finish 2nd on 4pts.

14 minutes ago, BOF said:

I can see Argentina getting through.  They'll beat Nigeria and if Iceland fail to beat Croatia which is highly likely, then the Argies finish 2nd on 4pts.

It's very unlikely to be Iceland, so it really just depends if Nigeria can draw with Argentina or not. Unfortunately, I think Argentina will just about manage it too. 

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's very unlikely to be Iceland, so it really just depends if Nigeria can draw with Argentina or not. Unfortunately, I think Argentina will just about manage it too. 

I was impressed with Nigeria against Iceland.  At the moment I'd fancy Villa to beat this Argentina team so I would probably put Nigeria as favourites.

Croatia's manager said he will be resting players for the Iceland match, so there is hope for Iceland. 

Argentina do not deserve to go through. I hope either Iceland or Nigeria finish 2nd. 

2 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Not sure how reliable this guy is, but I've seen multiple outlets reporting a similar story. The plot thickens

has been rumoured last few days. Aguero will be dropped by Sampaoli so I think if he starts the players are in charge

• Like 2

Â