World Cup : Group A (Rus, KSA, Egy, Uru)

BOF

The Salah love-in was a disgrace during that game. I didn't understand one of the many, many lines "its such a shame for Salah after the season he has had with Liverpool". What is such a shame? I honestly don't understand what that means at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Russia look good, almost too good. ?

Not sure if they have just played some utter dross or whether they are actually decent. They have impressed me in spells, played some good, sharp stuff in the final third and have got some exciting players. Not sure if they were there when we played them a few years ago when they were absolute turgid.

yeah thats what i would say too, i still dont think anyone has tested their defence, especially the 2 CBs, the midfield is ok, dzyuba looks slow as **** and cumbersome and i think gimenez and godin will eat him alive but some of their goals have been top quality, dzyuba's composure for his goal last night was brilliant 

14 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Cheryshev and Fernandes are both 27 and have 20 caps between them, which seems strange.

Fernandes played for Brazil but Putin personally fast tracked his Russian residency apparently.  Cheryshev grew up in Spain which might explain why he's not been considered a first choice, especially with Dzagoev one of the first names on the teamsheet. 

3 hours ago, Genie said:

From what I've seen of Russia they seem to be incredibly clinical in front of goal.

It's been an exhibition of finishing to be honest, everything is crisp and a lot of the goals right in the corner, strange given they don't have a recognised forward of any real quality, Cheryshev also doesn't have a good goalscoring record outside of the Madrid B team. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Well that was terrible.

Uruguay and Russia go through though. In what order, on what we've seen so far I fancy Russia to beat Uruguay tbh.

Egypt and Saudi Arabia playing for pride.

Saudi players also playing for the privilege not to be publicly caned, tortured and thrown in jail when they get back home.

Â