World Cup : Group A (Rus, KSA, Egy, Uru)

BOF

3 minutes ago, penguin said:

The amount of penalties given this tournament by VAR just shows how many game changing moments are missed by refs usually. 

Too many. It's not natural only checking some parts of the game. VAR should be used all the time, or not at all. Using it in specific situations puts too much emphasis on those particular situations. Players take notice. learn, and eventually all games are decided by penalties.

Hmmm... maybe penalties should be removed from the game??

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

Too many. It's not natural only checking some parts of the game. VAR should be used all the time, or not at all. Using it in specific situations puts too much emphasis on those particular situations. Players take notice. learn, and eventually all games are decided by penalties.

Easy one that, just stop fouling ;)

Hosts the first through then and not a hint of controversy needed either. 8 goals in 2 games. Good stuff from the Russians.

As for Egypt, we've been there so many times wishing your talisman was fit when he isn't.

15 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Too many?

Too many wrong decisions being corrected?

I didn't think I'd hear that as a VAR complaint.

22 minutes ago, Dick said:

Now Salah has scored the commentators have stopped blaming his injury for no goals. Amazing.

I think I heard the moment the commentators ejaculated once he scored. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Too many?

Too many wrong decisions being corrected?

I didn't think I'd hear that as a VAR complaint.

Yep, that's what I think. I hate VAR. Ref mistakes are part of the game etc etc

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Forgot all about him, thought he was a regular for them?

Will probably get some minutes in the Saudi game.

Don't think he played all that much through qualifying.

On a personal level I hope he does. I can't see him making it next time round if they qualify, he'll be 34.

Â