World Cup : Group A (Rus, KSA, Egy, Uru)

BOF

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Knew I shouldn't have remortgaged my home and backed Saudi to win the WC.

They always start slow.

• Haha 1

Glad I’m not playing drinking games based on how many times dinosaur era out of touch pundits mention VAR or the ‘take a shot every time Clive says something mildly racist’ game.

27 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Am watching this with a room full of depressed Saudis. Fun!

Tell them to have a beer and relax...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Listened to second half on Talksport on the drive home. Stuart pearce is appalling, questioning why you would make subs at 2-0 and not wait until the last minute of the game... um it’s a squad Stuart may as well get people games when cruising. The sub then scored first touch and he quickly ate humble pie...

If this is the standard of the tournament now, wait until it is twice the size, there will be some awful teams in it. 

I did say we could see record goals in this tournament.. don’t think anyone predicted it in this game though 

31 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Listened to second half on Talksport on the drive home. Stuart pearce is appalling

his knowledge base of both teams was poor but he only seemed to say 3 things about saudi arabia, very technical but not very good, they cant play with the new ball and are overhitting everything, they have no shape at the back, thats "insight" for you right there

there was something else i picked up as well during the game but it might have been when i was home and watching ITV, one of the saudi subs came on and it was mentioned that he spent the 2nd half of last season on loan in la liga "so he plays at a high standard" but no comment was made about the deal with the Spanish FA and how none of them had done very well there

• Like 1

Â