Vegetarianism/Veganism

Stevo985

Jackfruit is a bit shit. Nutritionally worthless as well. 

Cheese is more miss than hit, but there are the odd good ones. Depends on your usage really. I've not found any I'd want to just eat on their own or cold, I mostly cook with mine. Mozarizella is the tits for pizza topping.

23 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

During my daugbter's vegan phase (hopefully now over) she brought round some examples of vegan 'cheese', assuring us that they were 'surprisingly nice'. 

They were all unremittingly foul. 

I once bought a low-fat cheddar and it was one of the worst things I ever tasted.  If I'm having cheese, I'm going all in.  Just one of those things I will refuse to **** about with.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Mushrooms are simply evil. Horrible things. 

The missus doesn't like mushrooms, but happily eats mushroom curry.  I think the long slow cooking possibly changes the texture enough, and of course the dominant flavour is curry. 

The background deep umami flavour is so good that it's worth persisting with ways of using fhem, even for mushroom haters.  Could always stew them, strain the juice and use that, for people who really hate the texture.

But as Mr M says, indispensible in a full English.  I shall be offering a full Scottish to some Eastern Europeans tomorrow, and mushrooms will play an honourable supporting part.

Image result for fressh birmingham

This is a lovely place in the city centre for all your vegan needs. The food is very tasty.

Well, this was anyway ----

fressh-28Dec17-55-Edit-300x250-300x250.j

Breakfast Pot

(Beans, sausage, mushroom and spinach)

And I had it bought for me which may have made it even more delicious, but still...?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 8pints said:

This is a lovely place in the city centre for all your vegan needs. The food is very tasty.

Well, this was anyway ----

Breakfast Pot

And I had it bought for me which may have made it even more delicious, but still...

Oh yeah, i love that place. What the guac burger is lovely.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, 8pints said:

Breakfast Pot

Breakfast? How can anyone eat something like that for Breakfast? Lunch or Tea on the run yes, but breakfast. it looks like a stew or casserole type thing

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Breakfast? How can anyone eat something like that for Breakfast? Lunch or Tea on the run yes, but breakfast. it looks like a stew or casserole type thing

The picture doesn't do it justice, it's the size of a KFC Bucket.

lololol it's not really #bantz

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'd be OK with it - even the vegetarian 'sausage' - if it weren't for that **** ing spinach?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, 8pints said:

The picture doesn't do it justice, it's the size of a KFC Bucket.

lololol it's not really #bantz

My point remains the same, the size of it isn't relevant, its the fact that it looks like some sort of stew type concoction, the fact it contains spinach makes it worse but who has stew for breakfast?

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

My point remains the same, the size of it isn't relevant, its the fact that it looks like some sort of stew type concoction, the fact it contains spinach makes it worse but who has stew for breakfast?

Technically curry is a kind of stew, and I sometimes have that for breakfast

29 minutes ago, bickster said:

Oh, I see what you're saying. It's the beans that make it look like that I think. It's not that stew-y looking in person, more just 'thick' looking. Spinach seems to be creeping on to a lot of breakfast menus now, especially with eggs.

There's a breakfast stew type thing called Shakshuka which has North African origins I think.

Image result for shakshuka

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 8pints said:

Oh, I see what you're saying. It's the beans that make it look like that I think. It's not that stew-y looking in person, more just 'thick' looking. Spinach seems to be creeping on to a lot of breakfast menus now, especially with eggs.

There's a breakfast stew type thing called Shakshuka which has North African origins I think.

Image result for shakshuka

Again, nope, breakfast should be crunchy or fried (not KFC either), I don't really get fruit in large quantities for breakfast either, a few bits in cereal is ok but whole chunks of apple, orange etc. nah

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I didn't realise there was a criteria for breakfast :D 

Eat whatever the **** you want in the morning.

Even Decadent Chocolate Quinoa Breakfast? (Vegan and Gluten-Free)

Image result for vegan chocolate breakfast

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Shakshuka is delicious

not disputing it, it actually looked nice. Just saying that isn't something I'd ever contemplate for breakfast

23 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I didn't realise there was a criteria for breakfast :D 

Eat whatever the **** you want in the morning.

I will and it would never be that and the fact that you typed the word means you realised it was a criterion otherwise you must have looked the word up

2 hours ago, bickster said:

I will and it would never be that and the fact that you typed the word means you realised it was a criterion otherwise you must have looked the word up

I've read this a couple of times and I still can't figure out what it means :) 

• Haha 2

Â