18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

22 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We weren't flat. The annoying thing is they are really a very good side and so much sharper than us. I really wouldn't look forward to meeting them in the final

Completely disagree. We were jogging around for more than an hour. Understandably to a degree as players know we're in the playoffs and there's no need to kill themselves in this mostly meaningless game for us.

We meet them in the final after they behave like this and its a totally different game.

They're really nothing special technically, and absolute scumbags in intent. **** them.

24 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nah give them credit where it's due, they are a very good side.

They are relentless with the press.

That being said, with our full squad, a fit Tammy, Hause etc. we have them beaten imo.

Sadly they are a good team, i think they are better than us.

Bielsa is class, but in a one off game anything can happen.

Not definite Leeds will be in the play-off final, but they are a good side, organised, coached and hard working. We are too, so I think it comes down to mentality, luck, and that bit of talent that see's either of us over the line. i tell you what, when I thought el Ghazi was out I was a worried man - he is the sort of player who might just pop up and be counted in the semis or final. 

29 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Better than us? Can’t recall us being under the cosh except for the last 5 mins when we were down to 10 men.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

They are better than us? FFS! They narrowly beat us at Villa Park and were lucky to get a draw against us at home. 

Listen,Villa have nothing to fear playing Leeds United. Let's get past the Baggies and then fogure out how to beat the Leeds boys.

• Like 1

Didn’t think they were as stunning as some posters are making them out to be. They play lots of 1-2’s around the box, shoot from 25 yards and as for the pressing, I thought we handled it very well. We can do them if we play them again.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, villarocker said:

They are better than us? FFS! They narrowly beat us at Villa Park and were lucky to get a draw against us at home. 

Listen,Villa have nothing to fear playing Leeds United. Let's get past the Baggies and then fogure out how to beat the Leeds boys.

I thought they looked slightly better than us yes.

I also think Bielsa is a much better tactician than Smith and that might give them the edge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I missed the game today as I had a family meal to be at. However, I haven’t missed the opportunity to wind up my mate who supports Leeds. 

He’s your typical Leeds fan though. Grealish dives. Nothing wrong with their goal, and they’re the best team in the league. Oh, and everybody hates Leeds, and call them cheats because of it. I did point out that they’ve now been proven to be cheats a couple of times this season already. Grealish doesn’t dive but has to get out the way of having himself snapped in 2 most the time. 

I’d love the chance to do them at Wembley, and it could well be shaping up for just that. 

We shouldn't fear anyone going into these playoffs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Not definite Leeds will be in the play-off final, but they are a good side, organised, coached and hard working. We are too, so I think it comes down to mentality, luck, and that bit of talent that see's either of us over the line. i tell you what, when I thought el Ghazi was out I was a worried man - he is the sort of player who might just pop up and be counted in the semis or final. 

As it stands he is out isnt he ?

Don't feed trolls. Only replies keep them coming back.

Tense match today. Not sure what we can do to get refs to look after Grealish. Maybe other players can take it turns getting at the ref. It was an assault today. Absolutely terrified of him clearly, very amusing.

With a full team, Tammy and Whelan back in we beat these thugs.

The media love to play on the narrative that the Championship is a real blood and thunder league that lacks football quality. Yet if expected Derby confirm 6th place, the whole of the top 6 play good attacking passing football. 

It could be one of the most open play offs for years. All teams can beat anyone, all can score lots and all can also concede lots. I just hope we prove to have the best defence over the course of the 3 games. 

It would be typical  yesteryear Villa to beat Albion in the semis, having failed to beat them throughout the season. Then in the final, play derby and lose having battered them twice in normal games. I just hope we get some luck in a Wembley final for once(should we get there)

Edited by mikeyp102

1 hour ago, MrSmirch said:

Didn’t think they were as stunning as some posters are making them out to be. They play lots of 1-2’s around the box, shoot from 25 yards and as for the pressing, I thought we handled it very well. We can do them if we play them again.

Agree, not sure where the view that they are significantly better than us comes from. I don’t share it, they look limited to me, and they’ve no teeth.

• Like 1