18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

2 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

DDID speaks of a moral victory.

Ah I thought so, just wasn't sure when he only posted 'I know' ..... A few more words and I would've got the point.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

One thing is for sure, nobody is going to want to play us, should we gain a playoff spot.  If Norwich and Leeds go up as top two, we really shouldn’t fear anyone either.  

Agree with some of the previous posts though, we need to beat the next team, the next one and so on.  No point looking ahead and resting players until a playoff position is secured.  

12 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

They have a right to feel *slightly* aggrieved. The penalty decision was soft as a cloud. The offside goal however was... offside. So we really are just talking about the soft penalty decision. 

Meh. This kinda shit happens every week and yes games can hinge on it, but outside of the scrappy goal they really didn't touch a glove on us in the second half. Or at all after 15 minutes. They have been riding their luck since they won 7 in a row themselves, even then there were a lot of tight results. They're really not as good as they think they are and should probably be focusing in on that. 

Agreed, it was a soft decision that shouldn't have really stood but how many times this season have decisions gone against us. Part of the game.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m confident a week today we will have secured playoffs. 

Could be wrong but I think that would require Villa to win their two games and Bristol, Boro and Derby to drop two points each over their respective two games over the Easter weekend.

That would leave us with -

Villa 75

Bristol 69

Boro 68

Derby 67

With Bristol & Derby having that game in hand, but of course playing each other. So I think that would do it, but we’d need three results to go for us, along with our own.

This weekend -

Bristol have Reading home and Wednesday away.

Boro have Stoke home and Forest away.

Derby have Sha away and QPR home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

One thing is for sure, nobody is going to want to play us, should we gain a playoff spot.  If Norwich and Leeds go up as top two, we really shouldn’t fear anyone either.  

Agree with some of the previous posts though, we need to beat the next team, the next one and so on.  No point looking ahead and resting players until a playoff position is secured.  

I think id rather play Leeds than Shef utd to be honest.

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Agreed, it was a soft decision that shouldn't have really stood but how many times this season have decisions gone against us. Part of the game.

Indeed and despite having a few shocking refs, as we all have, I've not once thought to legit blame them for a loss in which we could have been pumped 6-1 without much complaint. 

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

I think id rather play Leeds than Shef utd to be honest.

Not for me mate, but we all have different opinions.  Leeds for me play with a real attacking intensity, where as if Sheffield lose Sharp now, I don’t believe they have the same threat.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hitzlsperger_12 said:

I don't know if I'm ready for another playoff run after last year. One thing for sure though it's bloody exciting!

I am at least confident that should we make the final, we won't put in a pathetic performance like last year though!

1 hour ago, Merson08 said:

Apologies for missing the last three weeks, I have been topping a tan up on holiday to visit family in Croatia. 

After the Bristol City game Aston Villa have 69 points out of a possible 126. The final projected points total will currently be 76 points that is points after 46 games. Basing this off last seasons final table will put us 5th.

There is still 12 points to play for giving us a maximum potential points haul of 81 points.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the appointment of Dean Smith the new projected points total would be 76 points that is points after 46 games. That has included of 1.25 PPG from Steve Bruce and the current 1.8PPG from Smith. Using 1.8PPG over the remaining 4 games.

Basing this off last seasons final table will put us 5th

This is the post i've been waiting for ;) 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Whats the problem? I loved reading that! I enjoy walking up to the ground with a sense of entitlement which pisses off the opposition fans. giving it the big un in the pubs.

we should all be enjoying this superiority complex right now and walk with extra swagger. especially around opposition city centres. its like having a range rover sport and driving in the fast lane of the motorway....everyone gets out your way and a few hyundai drivers give you the rocket polisher sign....and what?

next season we will be the underdog again. it will be like oasis selling out stadiums in uk then flying to america to play in little bars in shitsville.

so heads up and chests out in bolton on friday.

23 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

They have a right to feel *slightly* aggrieved. The penalty decision was soft as a cloud. The offside goal however was... offside. So we really are just talking about the soft penalty decision. 

Meh. This kinda shit happens every week and yes games can hinge on it, but outside of the scrappy goal they really didn't touch a glove on us in the second half. Or at all after 15 minutes. They have been riding their luck since they won 7 in a row themselves, even then there were a lot of tight results. They're really not as good as they think they are and should probably be focusing in on that. 

It was about a half a yard to a yard onside.

That's odd as most of our fans see as a team that's overachieved, should we be in a relegation battle then?

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Tongue was firmly in cheek. Mostly about Tammy and Albert as those two are still very popular with our fans.

My post before that I stand by though.

Edited by JamesBCFC
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1