18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

9 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Ifs and Buts

Onto Good Friday we go with a chance to make it 9 wins on the bounce. Some tough games for the teams below us.

West Brom to draw to Hull

Bristol to beat Reading

Boro to draw to Stoke

Derby to draw to Blues

Villa to beat Bolton

4 - West Brom - 74 points

5 - Villa - 72 points

6 - Bristol - 68 points

7 - Boro - 65 point

8 - Derby - 64 points

Games in hand - Derby x 1 & Bristol x 1

Since you started these posts we keep winning. I love you man!! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Since you started these posts we keep wining. I love you man!! 

I can't stop now just in case...

I'll still be going in 2021 after going 120 games unbeaten and lifting the Champions League.

• Like 3

What's so brilliant is with every injury/ban/illness everyone who has come in has taken their chance and done the job.  Today was the absolute worst case scenario for us. The team right behind us and in decent form, our already decimated central defence needs a midfield stand in, our inspiration and best midfielder out, missing our go to second striker, it was a recipe for disaster. 

It felt like none of those players were missing. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I can't stop now just in case...

I'll still be going in 2021 after going 120 games unbeaten and lifting the Champions League.

I know the feeling.

Around the time of our 3rd Win I was overdue a haircut. Decided it’d be unlucky.

Missus says I look like Worzel Gummidge now and insists I wear a cap when we go out 😶.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I know the feeling.

Around the time of our 3rd Win I was overdue a haircut. Decided it’d be unlucky.

Missus says I look like Worzel Gummidge now and insists I wear a cap when we go out 😶.

Doesn't that just add to the image?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I know the feeling.

2026 Villa still winning and Terrytini does not break this hoodoo.

ladmob-com-how-to-rock-a-weird-beard-and

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, osmark86 said:

Doesn't that just add to the image?

Lol yes to be honest it doesn’t help ! It’s not that it’s overly long ( sadly my most hirsute days are long gone), it’s more your ‘straggly greying straw’ effect....its a matter of personal taste whether this is better exposed and dishevelled or merely protruding......I’m not sure she is entirely enamoured with either to be honest !

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

How many points do we need to be mathematically safely in the playoffs as it stands? Can't get my head round it - is it eight points? Assuming every result goes 'against' us would that be enough for 6th?

Bristol could get a maximum of 80pts (affecting Derby total to max of 75) or

Derby could get 78pts meaning Bristol get 77pts

Draw means max of (BC) 78pts and (DC) 76pts.

But we only need to be ahead of one of them so the highest total (for 6th) is the middle scenario.

Middlesbrough can get 76pts.

So the worst case scenario is Derby on 78pts (winning every game),  Bristol on 77pts (winning every game bar DC), Boro 76pts (winning every game)

So, as it stands, we need eight points from remaining four games. Is my maths correct?! We'd be tied on points but goal difference is much healthier.

Would love to go into last two games needing nothing though!

You are 100% correct. 

Good isn’t it ?!

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

You know it's gonna be us and Baggies in the final.

Can't see WBA getting overtaken by 2 teams. They'd need to finish 6th to avoid us in the playoffs semi. 

If anyone fancies a good laugh today head over to the Bristol city fan forum. 4 or 5 threads going based on villa/ref. Would seem the bitterness and petulance of their manager treacles down to a section of their supporters. 

24 minutes ago, Tony said:

If anyone fancies a good laugh today head over to the Bristol city fan forum. 4 or 5 threads going based on villa/ref. Would seem the bitterness and petulance of their manager treacles down to a section of their supporters. 

The referee might not have been great but it's just the standard of this league, we was missing our best cb who was suspended because of dodgy yellow cards the previous game, everyone in this league is victim to some crap decisions at some point but the only reason that game wasn't a thrashing was because the goalkeeper made some absolute outrageous saves. Like you say, it's just bitterness from some fans. 

Edit: had a look at the forum you mentioned, very bitter fans, going on about how much they hate us and hope we don't go up lol. Would love to beat them in a play off final now. 

Edited by holteend1982

I think an Alex Neil lead wba with the first leg at VP would be a tricky combo for us.

People go on about pullis, allardyce, even bruce as anti football ...neil seems to slip under the radar ...his preston side have timewasting down to a fine art.

10 hours ago, maqroll said:

You know it's gonna be us and Baggies in the final.

I would prefer them in the Semi's. It would be absolute carnage at Wembley against them. I would prefer to have an enjoyable day out than one laced with hatred. 

• Like 1