18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Can't wait till Grealish and Tuanzebe returns so this myth that everything will be turned upside down will finally be exposed.

There will be no more excuses when they return and i am looking forward to it.

Care to elaborate on this?

You want them to come back and make us better, or you hoping they don't make us better so Smith and Villa will fail?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, praisedmambo said:

You've said this how many times already? 

Also, you'd rather be right in your prejudice than us be successful. Why? Ludicrous.

in his defense, whilst it is indeed ludicrous, there was a number of people that shared this view under bruce and were borderline gloating when we lost and they were therefore proven right...its definitely a culture that we seem to have in small pockets of our fanbase

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Can't wait till Grealish and Tuanzebe returns so this myth that everything will be turned upside down will finally be exposed.

as for this, i think you'll find that many of the fans have written off promotion so few are expecting things to be turned upside down. i refuse to believe they will have made a difference at wigan for example. reading however, perhaps that extra bit of creativity would have unlocked the defence. who knows. but what i struggle to understand is why you dont think that having our (and arguably the league's) best player return wouldnt make a big difference?

The honeymoon period is over. Dean Smith has had a tough time, but he has been without players and for the most part using a different managers squad. 

He needs to be given another season, or else season after season we will be saying the same thing. Its not his squad it was the previous managers squad, cause the current manager hasnt had the time to make it his squad. 

Rightly or wrongly, Dean Smith is going to curve the future for Villa like no manager before him. Aston Villa are changing the structure of the club and with it a new philosophy of how we play and how we sign players. Dean Smith is going be heralded or hated this time next season, for the sake of Aston Villa, we should all be hoping its for the better. 

Dean Smith is one of us, lets give him time, no other manager is going to give a damn like he should. Another 12 months and lets review, we could be in relegation and we could be sitting top. Excuses will dry up this time next season. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

coinciding with Jack and Tuanzebe injuries? :detect:

New managers only win their first few games and that's it. Its like Guardiola...he had a honeymoon period for about two years then lost Fernandinho. Their form dropped because the honeymoon period was over and definitely didn't improve when he returned. 

Seriously though, maybe we should all just leave villalad alone. He literally wants the club to fail rather than be wrong so he is, basically, a pretty weird fan. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, villalad21 said:

It's easier when you have that new manager effect, it's worn off now.

We will see how much difference Jack will make when he is back, i predict it's limited.

So the first two months of Smith you put down to "new manager effect"? The TOTAL change in style and tactics was just a by product of having a new manager, rather than Smith and Kelly working with the players?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

So you'd rather be proven right than see Villa win? Wow.

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Really odd post this mate. You sound like being right is the most important thing to you. 

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

We'll win a lot more when we have consistently start games with our best players, and if we don't, then is the time to ask questions of DS. IMHO. 

It’s a crazy thought to think we will be a better team with our stand out best player in it! 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s a crazy thought to think we will be a better team with our stand out best player in it! 

Best player in the league forget about just our team. Is it really such a huge leap of logic to think he has a huge affect on us?

• Like 2

I think we need to find a winning spell of 4-5 games in a row to get us some momentum. As the new guys settle in, and Grealish comes back, it is possible, but I think we need some evidence on the pitch of better performances before I can feel confident or good about play-offs. 

44 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm struggling to see us making the playoffs this season.

Me too, but I'm hopeful we're still close enough that an(y) upturn in form will see us back in the race.  Football can change very quickly as we know (usually for the worse).  But it does need a change.

• Like 1