18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m sure we lost back to back games after Wolves. 3-1 to QPR and 1-0 to Bolton?

edit: I do like what you’ve put together though. 

Actually is it because the QPR game got moved but it’s in the original place on your table?

The QPR game is in its original place on the table as it was postponed and moved.

I cant take credit for the table, as I copied it from another source.

10 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I don't want to be completely negative here... but I think with Grealish not being available for another month our playoff hopes are all but gone now.

Think with us failing to address the full back situation, promotion will not be on the cards, Grealish or no Grealish.

11 hours ago, villalad21 said:

It's easier when you have that new manager effect, it's worn off now.

We will see how much difference Jack will make when he is back, i predict it's limited.

New manager effect is the Biggest bullshit in football

Stoke dont have it or Huddersfield or Fulham or Forest or Remi Garde, Di Matteo etc

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

New manager effect is the Biggest bullshit in football

Stoke dont have it or Huddersfield or Fulham or Forest or Remi Garde, Di Matteo etc

Probably is a more of a myth but a club does get a general boost around the place which does help. It’s like a new start for everyone and boosts confidence. Compare the atmosphere against Preston next to against Swansea. 

It makes a big difference in my opinion. Villa park has already started to return to the earlier atmosphere and you can see it visibaly affecting the players. 

After a few weeks the reality that it’s still the same shit players and there’s only so much coaching can achieve starts to sink in.

50 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Such is the league competition format.

Well is it not the truth? Watch when we start playing the better sides shortly and they play the easier teams we failed to beat and the gap increases. 

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Probably is a more of a myth but a club does get a general boost around the place which does help. It’s like a new start for everyone and boosts confidence. Compare the atmosphere against Preston next to against Swansea. 

It makes a big difference in my opinion. Villa park has already started to return to the earlier atmosphere and you can see it visibaly affecting the players. 

After a few weeks the reality that it’s still the same shit players and there’s only so much coaching can achieve starts to sink in.

I think it takes a lot more than just a fresh face though especially with how we played at the time just like Solskjaer at United. 

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think it takes a lot more than just a fresh face though especially with how we played at the time just like Solskjaer at United. 

Fine margins pal. Take Pogba and Rashford out the team and those wins they been scraping by the odd goal become draws. Same with us.

Add jack back and all those draws can become wins. Many aren’t having it but I don’t think you can underestimate the impact of losing big players. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

I don't want to be completely negative here... but I think with Grealish not being available for another month our playoff hopes are all but gone now.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Think with us failing to address the full back situation, promotion will not be on the cards, Grealish or no Grealish.

I wouldn't throw the towel in just yet chaps.

No Grealish is a blow but all we need is 6th place.

Currently 4pts off that spot, with 48* pts left up for grabs from the 16 remaining games.

There is no excuse why we cannot make that.

Grealish or no Grealish, if we fail to get 6th with this squad then I am afraid Dean Smith deserves the sack imo.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
Should be 48pts - not 33!
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Currently 4pts off that spot, with 33 pts left up for grabs from the 16 remaining games.

Grealish or no Grealish, if we fail to get 6th with this squad then I am afraid Dean Smith deserves the sack imo.

6th doesn't get us promotion thou, which is the title of the thread and the whole point of this league.

As I said, I don't think we'll get promoted, Grealish or no Grealish.

Sure, if we sneak into the play offs anything is possible, but I think we'll remain to easy to score and create chances against.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Currently 4pts off that spot, with 33 pts left up for grabs from the 16 remaining games.

Agree fully with this.   Four points off sixth spot right now is nothing and if we win on Friday, I expect us to put a run of points together.   Imagine the spine of the team below at the end of February and all staying fit for the run in:

Kalinic

............  Axel/Chester       Mings/Elphick  ...........
                           Grealish  McGinn
          ..............                                ............
                                 Abraham

A play off spot is definitely up for grabs.  UTV

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Agree fully with this.   Four points off sixth spot right now is nothing and if we win on Friday, I expect us to put a run of points together.   Imagine the spine of the team below at the end of February and all staying fit for the run in:

Kalinic

............  Axel/Chester       Mings/Elphick  ...........
                           Grealish  McGinn
          ..............                                ............
                                 Abraham

A play off spot is definitely up for grabs.  

Exactly!!! Keep faith you bunch of moaning brummies!!! ;)

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Can't wait till Grealish and Tuanzebe returns so this myth that everything will be turned upside down will finally be exposed.

There will be no more excuses when they return and i am looking forward to it.

You've said this how many times already? 

Also, you'd rather be right in your prejudice than us be successful. Why? Ludicrous.

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 1