18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

Christmas party today it seems.

HZxnWmv.jpg

Something to blame if we don't pump Stoke 5-1.

So what we got?

Taylor as Ali G, Hutton as an excellent Joker and Lansbury as Wally. Is Nyland Duff man?

Who is Ted?

• Like 3

Love it.

Based on the players I can identify, Neil Taylor as Ali G wins it for me.

Would ideally like to see the fourth member of cool runnings. Bruce could be John Candy*.

*insert some joke about going downhill fast 

Edited by Shropshire Lad

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

HZxnWmv.jpg

So what we got?

Taylor as Ali G, Hutton as an excellent Joker and Lansbury as Wally. Is Nyland Duff man?

Who is Ted?

Is that Nyland in the purple suit?

I’m not watching most of other teams playing, actually most of indications I get are through results, what I read here and our games against those teams.

For Norwich, I’ve seen our first half with them, while didn’t see most of the second where they’ve scored as I was at the airport. I haven’t seen that much from them although they seem a lot like Cardiff in terms of getting last minute wins, tough to beat. Growing with form.

Leeds seemed to start strongly with their performances, they stopped getting results for a while and now they’re back into track.

I guess that the Sheff U winning was good as its always good to have pressure into teams up there. The most problem comes when they get a bit far (which is happening at the moment).

I think its WBA which we need to have the worst results, while Sheff U and Derby could slip anytime. So the best scenario is for them to keep a bit of pressure into top teams.

Stoke game is very hard one, theyre one of the best squads and one of the in form teams. If we beat them then thats as throwing the main threat behind us to be far.

The best scenario is that both of Norwich and Leeds failing to win, with us winning. That would make these two lose a bot of confidence early on.

Edited by abdulaziz1
  • Like 2

After the West Brom game Aston Villa have 32 points out of a possible 63. The final projected points total will currently be 70 points that is points after 46 games. Basing this off last seasons final table will put us 9th.

There is still 75 points to play for giving us a maximum potential points haul of 107 points.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the appointment of Dean Smith the new projected points total would be 76 points that is points after 46 games. That has included (Before Smith) of 1.25 PPG from Steve Bruce and the current 1.77PPG from Smith. Using 1.77PPG over the remaining 25 games.

Basing this off last seasons final table will put us 5th

Thought of the day - While were still transforming into Dean Smiths team, when this clicks, some team will get destroyed.

Edited by Merson08
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Merson08 said:

After the West Brom game Aston Villa have 32 points out of a possible 63. The final projected points total will currently be 70 points that is points after 46 games. Basing this off last seasons final table will put us 9th.

There is still 75 points to play for giving us a maximum potential points haul of 107 points.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the appointment of Dean Smith the new projected points total would be 76 points that is points after 46 games. That has included (Before Smith) of 1.25 PPG from Steve Bruce and the current 1.77PPG from Smith. Using 1.77PPG over the remaining 25 games.

Thought of the day - While were still transforming into Dean Smiths team, when this clicks, some team will get destroyed.

Its not easy, we were out of playoff places I guess before our games at Boro on the new year day last season. It all changed after a run of 7 wins on row.

We had a run of:

Bolton W

Derby W

SHA W

Nottingham D

Boro W

WBA D

If we avoided the two draws we would be on 36 points putting us at 5th with 6 wins on row which is less than that 7.

The only thing is that Norwich and Leeds are keeping their form up, which no one had during the season (well Sheff U did for a while after a bad start, the had another bad form).

Lets take it a game at a time, two huge games are coming up. Two form teams coming to Villa Park. If we beat the two of them things would change a lot. The sooner Norwich and Leeds losing the better is that for the rest of the league.

And I forgot to say that at the end of our run at the beginning of the year we’ve went up to second. But knowing our luck we played Fulham at the worst time with Grealish and Adomah missing. If we won that Cardiff would have slipped and we would have completed our form.

3 hours ago, Merson08 said:

Yep I reckon it's coming, someone is going to get smashed in the first 45 of a game by 5 or 6.

If we win two and draw one game out of 3 for the rest of the season, 2,33 ppg, (1 lost game in there) we ends on 88 points. A fantastic end of the season is needed😃 Still almost every season that is not enough for top 2🙁. Even if we win the next five games, we need more than 2 ppg for the last 20 games to end on 88 points.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

HZxnWmv.jpg

So what we got?

Who is Ted?

Is that meant to be Ted?  Shit me, I thought it was Nyland dressed as Bungle!  Wishful thinking!! 

24 minutes ago, villa82 said:

If we win two and draw one game out of 3 for the rest of the season, 2,33 ppg, (1 lost game in there) we ends on 88 points. A fantastic end of the season is needed😃 Still almost every season that is not enough for top 2🙁. Even if we win the next five games, we need more than 2 ppg for the last 20 games to end on 88 points.

True, saving Grace might be our last 2 games are against Norwich and Leeds.

Imagine how pivotal those could be?!

2 hours ago, villa82 said:

We can’t take it this way.

We still have 25 games coming. What you’re saying is basically we need to win atleast 16. While drawing 8 and losing one.

So still we could afford to drop points at 8 games and still go to 91 points.

Anyway, it goes over the course of the season. Having a good form lets say 7 wins on row like last season will give you a space to drop points on half of your rest games of the season.

Should be a cracking game when we head down to Brum on the 23rd. Especially meaningful to me with half my family being Villa. I was down there with my brother for the Blues game. You look very dangerous going forward but a little shaky defensively. Love Alan Hutton, proper bloke and he deserved that goal, though he is questionable at defending. Hopefully you can repeat the atmosphere for the Second City Derby. I love it when the Holte End is all stood up, is always an eyesore for me when I see people sat down in the lower tier if I’m watching a Villa game on the box, as the crowd can generate an incredible racket when everyone’s standing and it looks immense as well. Hopefully it’ll be stood up for the Leeds game? 

Expect our midfield to double up on Grealish, who I was previously desperate to dislike,  having a family who all love him to bits. He’s a quality player, however, and he can be a joy to watch. We’re in terrific form, so it should be a close game. Regrettable kick off time but I’ve heard a near sell out is expected

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, LeedsFanJustVisiting said:

Hopefully it’ll be stood up for the Leeds game? 

Expect our midfield to double up on Grealish, who I was previously desperate to dislike.

1) I hope so, it might help if you lose or draw this weekend and as it'll feel like we're catching you that bit more. You're still far off in the distance when you look at the league table.

2) Hope you do, John McGinn will run riot. And Bolasie. And El Ghazi. This isn't Steve Bruce's one man army anymore. The transformation has been staggering and we're playing the best football at Villa I've seen since the 90s.

Where I really fear Leeds will have success is closing down, and dispossessing, any of the defence or Hourihane, who sits deep for us. They are a bit shakier than the rest of the side.

I'd put my balls on both teams scoring.