18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

Just now, danceoftheshamen said:

Hoping for at least one of the top two to concede a last minute equaliser but doesn't look likely.

Everything has conspired against us this weekend...One to forget. Gap is looking too "last season" for my liking now.

Gap has been looking too last season for a number of games now.

Some people have just gotten ahead of themselves imo.

That being said still a very long way to go, but those confident "we are going to win this league" statements are premature nonsense.

Get to 6th first, then aim for 3rd, then aim for top 2.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That being said still a very long way to go, but those confident "we are going to win this league" statements are premature nonsense.

Yep.  We are nowhere near yet. I would say play offs at this stage. Norwich would need a almighty collapse. The two points dropped by those pathetic officials lovely costly today. Thankfully teams around us all dropped points

Stoke will be a difficult game especially without Jack. But draws already are no good to us we need to hit a winning streak like Norwich.

Theres still time but our momentum has been halted by that robbery last night whereas the teams we face next (Stoke, Leeds, PNE) are all picking up theirs. Feels crap right now but if we're good enough I think we'll be right up there, our performances have been all we could have hoped for and more the last couple of months.

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Some of us have been realistic though

2 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Collapses can happen. Six weeks ago people were going on about Sheff United. One win in five before tonight’s game.

Norwich have that German core of players and manager and seem to have that typical German winning mentality.

They are not slipping up

Given who the top 2 were playing it was hardly a surprise that both won. On the flip side though I was pleasantly surprised to see that both Boro and Forest dropped points.

There is no denying that the gap to the top two is a big one at the moment. There is also no denying that there are still 25 games to go to overhaul that gap. We still have to play Leeds twice yet and Norwich once (at home) you'd have to pretty much take it as a given for us to catch either of them we'd have to beat them in our head to heads. We do that then that reduces the gap to 8 points and 4 points. They also have to play each other yet so you can see just over those four games the situation could change dramatically.

Bottom line is there is a long way to go and we are currently playing some great stuff against the best sides in the division with a run on the horizon against weaker opposition. Let's see how things look in 6-8 weeks. I have a feeling they will look much more rosy and it is going to be a great ride between now and the end of the season.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I would like to know who generates these bloody fixture lists? If you look again we have the same run of fixtures bavk to back in the 2nd half of the season. 

It's ridiculous 

Then presumably also a similar easy run that this time we can smash... 

• Like 2

We should absolutely be aiming for automatics. Whether we’ll get it is another thing, but until it’s mathematically impossible we have to treat it as the aim.

Saying it’s not going to happen with over half the season yet to play is as ridiculous as saying we’re nailed on for it.

Let’s see where we are in January, if we’ve beaten Leeds by then, it’ll be looking a lot more likely.

Or basically what Mark said above ^