18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

24 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Five of the most important components of this squad (Bolasie, McGinn, Grealish, Kodjia and El Ghazi) probably haven’t even been on the same training pitch together as yet. 

We’re obviously trying to build team with the capability to attack and score goals. We were the third highest scorers last season and I can see us being there or thereabouts again.

It’s easy to sit here grumpily moaning that we’ll be negative but I’m happy, given the players signed, to wait it out and see.  

My one concern is the defence. I’ll be disappointed if Bruce fails to sign another decent centre back. The defence could easily end be our undoing this season and not our goalscoring. 

Evening Steve ?

3 hours ago, vidukasbox said:

Care to explain that comment? Both Wolves and Newcastle LOST games in their first five league games, whereas we haven't. Strange opinion.

Not really, I come on here to talk Villa not explain myself to Leeds fans with a chip on their shoulder...

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

@Hornso

Regarding your league position graph, can you not just use minus numbers instead to get the correlation going the right way?

I guarantee that absolutely no one on here will use it as further proof that Bruce’s style of play is negative.

They probably won’t, anyway.

Good idea, I'll give it a shot! Thanks :)

EDIT: Genius!

Edited by Hornso

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Said it before this is a transition season and i understand people want success now

But with our current squad playoffs will be a very good season ?

You think our squad isn't even top 6 in quality?

Ayew wtf

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

You think our squad isn't even top 6 in quality?

Ayew wtf

As of now we have 1 trusted senior centre back, 2 strikers both injury prone and 1 left back seriously out of form

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Said it before this is a transition season and i understand people want success now

But with our current squad playoffs will be a very good season ?

I think playoffs will be a good season - not very good, though.  Have said on numerous occasions that I'd take another playoff final right now.

• Like 1

I was optimistic a month ago, and am more so now.

in my view we’ve better players, and a bigger threat, than last year, I think we are stronger,

JT is a loss, but we’ve improved elsewhere. 

Still Top 2 for me !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 27/08/2018 at 16:57, vidukasbox said:

Both Wolves and Newcastle LOST games in their first five league games, whereas we haven't. Strange opinion.

I have a lovely set of Leeds Utd Christmas baubles with matching tinsel, but notoriously they come down at the beginning of January.

Let's see how you get on in your remaining 40 games pal.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

21 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I have a lovely set of Leeds Utd Christmas baubles with matching tinsel, but notoriously they come down at the beginning of January.

Let's see how you get on in your remaining 40 games pal.

Complete myth we 'bottle it'. We've been shite for years and have only looked half decent in the last few seasons. Now we have a guy who knows what he's doing and the players who have bought into it, completely different kettle of fish.

We're doing something right if the rest of the league are hoping for 'burn out' ?

19 minutes ago, vidukasbox said:

Complete myth we 'bottle it'. We've been shite for years and have only looked half decent in the last few seasons. Now we have a guy who knows what he's doing and the players who have bought into it, completely different kettle of fish.

We're doing something right if the rest of the league are hoping for 'burn out' ?

Time will tell.

I suppose the rest of this same league are the same folk bitching that we are able to sign players etc. shitting it we will mount promotion.

Football is a funny old game.

On 28/08/2018 at 01:57, vidukasbox said:

Care to explain that comment? Both Wolves and Newcastle LOST games in their first five league games, whereas we haven't. Strange opinion.

You will lose games this season. The difference between you, Newcastle and Wolves is possibly that you have done more to boost morale and therefore gain momentum earlier. I'm not predicting it but it could be that you go on to have a better season than both.

Bielsa is my favourite manager in the world. You have Hernandez who is possibly the best Attacking Midfielder in this league even at 33 (yes I know it's Grealish before you shoot that gun VT'ers, I said 'possibly'). Aside from that I don't know a whole lot about your team, even under Bielsa, as I haven't watched you yet this season.

16 hours ago, vidukasbox said:

I've no problem with Leeds and what they're doing. Obviously it's only natural I hope you tank, but many were saying Cardiff would fade last season and it never happened. Good luck to yers!

• Like 1