18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

6 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

The comment was about being hard to beat not whether we drew games. The facts show that we are incredibly difficult to beat.

sort out the defence - as you have correctly stated - and we’ll be hard to stop.

The real issue is....getting promotion, the rest is just hot air.

we might be hard to beat...but very easy to snatch points off.

interpret it any way you please.

Edited by TRO

8 hours ago, TRO said:

We are a million miles away from being hard to beat....we concede initiative at the drop of a hat.

We are one of the easiest teams to negate our offensive ability to concede goals.

I have no problem in playing offensive football....but you have to retain possession, pass the ball with confidence, move off the ball with the same confidence and not give the ball away cheaply.

That requires hard work and dedication to the cause.

Let me know when we can do that.

If you've lost 1 in 11 then you're hard to beat. I think you've misunderstood my post. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, TRO said:

I'm not even going there..its too ridiculous for words.

irrespective of the manager.....we are dropping too many points, to have any expectation of promotion.

drop the manager bit, its not a point that is trying to be made....I'm not that insular.

7 hours ago, TRO said:

or even.......its not enough wins regardless who the ****ing manager is.

I’d be more than happy to drop the manager bit. But you seem insistent on proving how poorly we’re doing by ONLY using the results post Bruce. Including that bloody Millwall game which Smith wasn’t in charge for. As if the previous 11 results have had zero influence on our league position. If the manager thing is irrelevant to your point how about using some facts and figures that cover more of the season than just the stuff post Bruce?

As for whether it’s enough, go back a few pages, it was asked how Smith is doing in comparison to the current top six managers in terms of win percentages. I worked it out and it would put him sixth, ahead of Pulis and just behind Lampard.

Not that bad, is it?

On 08/01/2019 at 15:22, Shropshire Lad said:

I’m aware you only asked that question to make a point. But out of those, he’d be sixth, below Lampard on 46% and just ahead of Pulis who’s on just a touch over 42%. Bielsa is top with 57%.

So considering all those have had a full pre season and a summer transfer window and taking into account the mess he inherited, the opposition he has faced, having a win percentage comparable to a couple of the top six is fairly decent going in my book.

There you go @TRO, saves you searching.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BOF said:

If you've lost 1 in 11 then you're hard to beat. I think you've misunderstood my post. 

Maybe.

5 hours ago, BOF said:

Maybe its my concern of how easily we yield to a lead....that is clouding my judgement.

yes 1 in 11 is hard to beat.....but not much good when we want to go up.....its wins we need and we have trouble getting them.....6 in 15 is more the stat i am interested in..that needs to improve.

5 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I’d be more than happy to drop the manager bit. But you seem insistent on proving how poorly we’re doing by ONLY using the results post Bruce. Including that bloody Millwall game which Smith wasn’t in charge for. As if the previous 11 results have had zero influence on our league position. If the manager thing is irrelevant to your point how about using some facts and figures that cover more of the season than just the stuff post Bruce?

As for whether it’s enough, go back a few pages, it was asked how Smith is doing in comparison to the current top six managers in terms of win percentages. I worked it out and it would put him sixth, ahead of Pulis and just behind Lampard.

Not that bad, is it?

No I'm not insistent on that......I still thinks its SB's team.....so how could that be so.

I am not blaming DS, or lauding him.....It will take time to judge him properly.

The football in general is so much better as a spectacle.....I am talking about what is stopping us from gaining promotion, not Who( in terms of manager) Dean Smith knows his current personnel is unlikely to get us up, because certain jobs are not being done with competency....It will take him time and a few windows to get a fully balanced side, ready for a proper challenge.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TRO said:

No I'm not insistent on that......I still thinks its SB's team.....so how could that be so.

I am not blaming DS, or lauding him.....It will take time to judge him properly.

The football in general is so much better as a spectacle.....I am talking about what is stopping us from gaining promotion, not Who( in terms of manager) Dean Smith knows his current personnel is unlikely to get us up, because certain jobs are not being done with competency....It will take him time and a few windows to get a fully balanced side, ready for a proper challenge.

Tbf I think it is still a mix of Di Matteo & Bruces team that is still here.

• Like 1

Didn’t watch it. Pathetic result. No defending that one.

Despite positivity in previous posts of mine, I’m close to writing the season off now. Hull seem to be doing well at the moment so I don’t see us winning that one either.

****ing waste of a season. Again.

Smith gets the same allowance/tolerance I gave Bruce. Not seeing it happening this season, just like Bruce’s first season, it looked like we might mount a challenge for play offs and then blew it, the parallels are troubling. 

Both will have to take whatever share of the blame for the failure this season. I guess try and get our shit together as best we can for next season and go from there. What that means when we’ve lost our best players, I don’t know.

Not impressed and not particularly optimistic about the immediate future.

Seasons over for me. Even though the gaps 5 points after what I saw today and at times in recent weeks there is no chance we have what it takes to make playoffs. Also seems like those earlier results were just a new manager bounce. Hell even Sherwood had one of them.

look forward to the summer and next season.  

Yeah it ain't happening. I was gonna head home in May for 8 weeks to catch last home game of season and hopefully a play-off run ending at Wembley but think I'll just do 4 weeks from June now. I'm gonna save a fair bit on spending money!