18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

4 hours ago, imavillan said:

Exactly these two points.

Abraham stays and he/we will score plenty of more goals to propel us up the league.

Defensive midfielder is a must imo. We need somebody to do this role who is mobile and has the energy and capability to last out a game. Whelan, Hourihane, Bjarnason are not the answer. 

We now have a new goalkeeper and a centre half, along with the return of Elphick. Maybe another addition of a full back and that should help us.

We must get maximum points from the next three games as well.

Sergio Busquets :

• "I play in a position that demands hard work and generosity and little glamour, but I like it..It's my job and I like it...I would rather intercept and steal 10 balls than shoot...that's what I am here for,to make everyone else's jobs easier"

That's exactly what we want......just one not quite so good, in terms of expectation levels.

someone 6 Ft to 6 2" to be able to deal with aerial balls to protect the back four....but quicker and more alert ( better reader)to the play than Jed

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Depends if Hutton will keep playing week in week out, if he is, regardless in what position he plays we will be nowhere near playoffs

The constant slagging of Hutton has became as relevant as your Christmas avatar.

Time for a change, yeah?

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

Very very very amusing. Every time I've watched them all they do is lash it out to him. Monstrous loss. Just loaned Burke out to Celtic as well.

A win tomorrow is all I need from football this week.

• Like 1

Just been looking at the table, if we'd won 4 of our draws, we'd be in the same position as the baggies. Fine lines. We need to outscore 4 teams above us from now till the end of the season and hope no-one below us can match that form. By no means impossible to be in the playoff mix.

50 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Just been looking at the table, if we'd won 4 of our draws, we'd be in the same position as the baggies. Fine lines. We need to outscore 4 teams above us from now till the end of the season and hope no-one below us can match that form. By no means impossible to be in the playoff mix.

No sense looking back. Let's hope we learn from this!

On 10/01/2019 at 13:06, villalad21 said:

Depends if Hutton will keep playing week in week out, if he is, regardless in what position he plays we will be nowhere near playoffs

That's a bold statement considering last season he was an integral part of our team which reached the playoffs...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/01/2019 at 11:00, Zatman said:

We are only 5 points off playoffs. QPR and blues both cant keep up the pace with squads they have and Forest are trying to sack Karanka for some weird reason

5 of the top 6 also have to come to Villa Park

you can be 1 point off the play offs....but if you keep losing or drawing its going to be very difficult indeed.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

you can be 1 point off the play offs....but if you keep losing or drawing its going to be very difficult indeed.

We have lost 1 in 13 league games so not sure how we keep losing plus we have been playing catch up due to the incompetent previous idiot

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, weedman said:

That's a bold statement considering last season he was an integral part of our team which reached the playoffs...

Many have short memories though.

He don't deserve half the crap he gets on here imo.

Okay yes he drifts out of position a bit and he is nearly 35 and adapting to DS style of play but he still trys, plays every game as if it's his last and actually loves us as a club.

I cannot ask anymore from him.

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We have lost 1 in 13 league games so not sure how we keep losing plus we have been playing catch up due to the incompetent previous idiot

I was generalising....

If you want to be specific....Drawing, when you are seeking promotion is a cosmetic defeat....it's dropping 2 points....that's kinda fine/ish, in a relegation battle, but for promotion its not.

Its an observation, not a criticism, but we have won 6 out of 15....who is to blame is another debate.

We all know the difficulties....all the more reason to be realistic.

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We've won 1 in 6 though and we saved a last minute penalty in that game. Some of them draws felt like losses 

• Like 1

Just now, holteend1982 said:

We've won 1 in 6 though and we saved a last minute penalty in that game. Some of them draws felt like losses 

1 of them was also blatant handball and 2 we came from behind to get results

The form is up and down.  We're hard to beat but not winning enough.  Hopefully the kind run of fixtures coming up will fix that.  We saved a last minute penalty yes, but we were also robbed of 3pts v WBA by a handball and lost our 1 match against top of the league in the 95th minute.  This race for promotion is far from done, but I think we can all agree the form needs to improve, because one thing's for sure, at the current rate of scoring, 67pts will not be enough.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BOF said:

The form is up and down.  We're hard to beat but not winning enough.  Hopefully the kind run of fixtures coming up will fix that.  We saved a last minute penalty yes, but we were also robbed of 3pts v WBA by a handball and lost our 1 match against top of the league in the 95th minute.  This race for promotion is far from done, but I think we can all agree the form needs to improve, because one thing's for sure, at the current rate of scoring, 67pts will not be enough.

it will be enough for 7th -12th though.

• Haha 1