18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I'm don't even have hope for it, because top 2 is not happening. I'm sorry it just isn't.

I will sell my car and donate my liver if we finish in the top 2.

I will buy you car for £5 and give your liver to the lovely drunk who needs some help at my local. 

If you're right, you can have my monthly train pass for a tenner and a steak and liver pie from my local butcher. 

Deal? 

(To be so against us getting automatic promotion when the gap is as it is, is more ridiculous than my previous three sentences). 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I’m waiting patiently for that McGinn fella to settle in and finally be of some use.

Massively overrated, he should know the Villa way of doing things would be playing shit once or twice and then just picking up the wages till the end of his contract coming in and training on his own.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I fall in the middle of your optimism, and @villalad21 pessimism.

I'm cautiously optimistic, and realistic.

As I genuinely feel people are hyping themselves up for bitter disappointment if things don't go as they think it should.

Difference is I am more confident in our overall  long term future in the hands of our new owners/manager so am less panicky and won't lose it if it goes a bit tits up.

Been there too many times, I'm currently ok with just enjoying the ride.

However we simply must remember where we are coming from and try to stay grounded.

I could change my tune completely in a few weeks based on results and table.

More or less where I am.

I don’t think it’s a given, I don’t think it’s written in the stars or anything like that. 

I just think if you look to go into every game looking to win and can score goals like Villa have recently shown they can, you have a chance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As I genuinely feel people are hyping themselves up for bitter disappointment if things don't go as they think it should.

Difference is I am more confident in our overall  long term future in the hands of our new owners/manager so am less panicky and won't lose it if it goes a bit tits up.

However we simply must remember where we are coming from and try to stay grounded.

Exactly where I am. I love how we’ve gone toe to toe with teams around us. But It will all be for nothing if we go and drop points against teams below us. We’ve all see it before many times. Let’s get to the end of Feb before we start talking of top 2.

• Like 2

Our embarrassment of a keeper is going to cost us again before January. I hope it isn't against Leeds because these lot are a bit tiresome now. It'll be frustrating them telling us how good they are when they become another team we outplay but don't beat because of that disaster.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LeedsFanJustVisiting said:

Also pretty baffled by the confidence levels some of you have on here. Shall we just overlook the fact you lot conceded 7 goals in two games? You’re a disaster at the back at times. Such disorganisation is not apparent at the likes of Leeds and Norwich

So, Baffled by our confidence levels! What draws you to this sudden conclusion may I ask?

We have no need to overlook the fact of the amount of goals we've conceeded - Since August and why - and we know full well what is required to prevent this and this will be put to bed after January's xfer window. But you can thank the last guy that was here in charge for this shambles that you're referring to.

The confidence flows from the new men in town. - You'll see what I mean in 2 weeks time when you come to visit.  ;)

Welcome to VT.

8 hours ago, villalad21 said:

That i agree with you on. There are some deluded fans on here which have naive expectations.

The reality is we are 10 points behind 2nd. With a defense and keeper like this there is little hope in reaching the top 2 and i don't think the January window will just magically fix our defense. New arrivals need time to adjust and settle in, it's not an over night thing.

Deluded fans?

I forgot we're 17th in the championship, 22pts of the play-offs with an inferior minus 19 on goal difference.

If we do not manage to sign both Vincent Kompany & Gigi Buffon in January on loan then we can kiss goodbye to winning this league i'm afraid.   🤪😝🤩

2 hours ago, blandy said:

Pretty much this. What, 4 months ago wwe were going bust, Jack was leaving, We couldn’t keep JT and Sam Johnston, the owner had disappeared from view and all was bleak. We faced a year or more of dirge football and little hope. Look at us all now. Enjoying goals and games and the style and looking forwards and upward.

When you see it written in black and white like that, it really is an absolutely bonkers turnaround. We stood just enjoy the ride.

And watch the inevitable Aston Villa Amazon documentary when it comes about...

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I see where you're at here JV and I do agree with you.

I will admit I am on the euphoric train because I believe we are in with a genuine shout of reaching top 2 come May - it's a big ask.

What is carrying this is the fact we do have a manager that is one of us and we can see 95% of the time we are playing some of the best football since the early 90's and mid 00's.

Setting myself up on the chance I could be left dissapointed if we don't reach top 2, absolutely not and the reason is this.

I for one have not forgotten where we've came from and we have been here before for sure, not forgetting we nearly landed in shit street only 5 months ago and to go from that to what we are currently witnessing is quite a remarkable turnaround.

Even if we happened to fail to go up this season, it's just been a joy to witness what we have since November and I also remain optimistic that our future remains very positive. That is a feeling I have not felt since HDE sold up to Lerner.

The reason it feels much better and more different this time is the fact that we have owners who are very well respected and connected in the business world and who have brought in someone that does have a clue about football in Christian Purslow.

It's a feeling some of us Villa fans have not felt for a long time and I am lapping it up while it continues.

Proud History - Proud Future

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, blandy said:

Pretty much this. What, 4 months ago wwe were going bust, Jack was leaving, We couldn’t keep JT and Sam Johnston, the owner had disappeared from view and all was bleak. We faced a year or more of dirge football and little hope. Look at us all now. Enjoying goals and games and the style and looking forwards and upward.

Hear, Hear.

52 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

What is carrying this is the fact we do have a manager that is one of us and we can see 95% of the time we are playing some of the best football since the early 90's and mid 00's.

You can play as good football as you want as long as you have a keeper that will do a mistake or 2 in every other game you will neve reach top 2.

And yes Transfer Window and bla bla bla, but we might be 15-16 points behind by then.

Edited by villalad21