18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

The simple fact is, for as long as we're down here, we'll always be the big boys that everyone with an inferiority complex has a chip on their shoulder about.

Haha 😂 not really, there’s a reason Leeds are on sky more than other teams we pull the ratings. Not saying villa don’t, but your not the only big boys around 

Edited by BigRed
  • Confused 1

Think a few of my post have been taken a little out of context. I’ve been on this forum since before Xmas & I haven’t come on here to brag or belittle villa at all. I said on my first ever post I like the debate as when you’re on your own forums there is obviously club bias, I like to be say devils advocate. 

Obviously you haven’t been on tv much since your run started barring the Birmingham game & you looked ok. But dean smith has always struck me as wanting to play attacking wise which you when we played you at villa park & we were the better team even though we were 2-0 down as you left gaps for us to exploit, now during your run whilst it is very impressive, you’ve not come up against teams that will really punish you playing that way. If you get chances yourself I’ve no doubt your dangerous you’ve got quality players, but my point is you won’t know how you’d cope against Leeds or Norwich etc until the last 2 games of the season, so you don’t know. If you played like Birmingham do i’d Be more worried as they are the teams we’ve struggled against boro as well who try to shit up shop as soon as they get in front, that would worry in a one off final, against open teams I’d fancy us as I know we’d create chances. 

As well as that I’ve said I want Norwich to **** up & proper clubs like yourself go up & im not anti villa 

• Like 1

We have played extremely well (mostly)against other playoff contenders Forest,Derby, Bristol etched beaten some them very confincingly.

We are playing some of the best football I have seen for many,many years.

We haven’t beaten any of the top 4 this season so I think it’s extremely difficult to predict playoffs.Last season I predicted we could beat Middlesbororugh and we could beat Fulham but not Middlesborough and Fulham.

I think people are under estimating Albion ,they were a prem team last year and before that were rarely in relegation trouble.They actually have best squad in the league.

Lets just concentrate on getting in the playoffs I think we will need to get something from our last 2 games.

Team Played won Drawn  Lost Points
Sheff Utd 14 6 2 6 20
Leeds 13 6 2 5 20
Norwich  13 5 4 4 19
Aston Villa  12 5 3 4 18
WBA 13 5 2 6 17
Middlesbrough 14 4 4 6 16
Bristol City 13 4 3 6 15
Derby 12 3 4 5 13
Edited by TRO

11 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m watched Leeds a lot this season and actually agree with what the fan has said. I think they are better than us and I hope we avoid them. 

But although we are better than most of the other teams in the league. I don’t really feel the need to go on their forums to tell them about it. 

Edit: I do think the Leeds fan has been very respectful in his posts. Not sure why our fans are so quick to jump on the defensive. 

Difficult to say, we had 11  terrible games under bruce yet what are we 15 points behind them ? Also had major players like grealish axel and Chester our fir lengthy periods.

ithink the table could be a lot different if theses were not factors. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Difficult to say, we had 11  terrible games under bruce yet what are we 15 points behind them ? Also had major players like grealish axel and Chester our fir lengthy periods.

ithink the table could be a lot different if theses were not factors. 

Mate they’ve had roofe out for nearly half the season. That’s like us losing Tammy. 

Anyway it’s irrelevant who the better team is. Let’s just win the playoffs! 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Mate they’ve had roofe out for nearly half the season. That’s like us losing Tammy. 

Anyway it’s irrelevant who the better team is. Let’s just win the playoffs! 

He has missed six games. But I agre euts nit really important as long as we win. 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Really? Thought he was out for a lot longer. 

Bamford missed 26 games 

Roofe has had 2 spells out injured 

we haven’t had a fully fit squad all season. At one point we had 5 players under 21 on the bench 

Never mind all this Leeds talk, does anyone mind if we get back to the topic this thread was originally meant for please?

Thank you.....so we were definitely the deserved winners against Bristol City, could have won by much more.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If we are objective, ANY team in the top 6 can "Beat any team" on their day, which is why they are in the top 6.

Over 2 legs i fancy Villa against any of the top 6.  Play off Final, it gets more of a lottery.

• Like 2

Bruce being manager and Grealish / Axel being injured for months makes Leeds injury concerns trivial in the Calamity stakes. Its like comparing the Towering Inferno to an overheating 1979 Austin Princess. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Bruce being manager and Grealish / Axel being injured for months makes Leeds injury concerns trivial in the Calamity stakes. Its like comparing the Towering Inferno to an overheating 1979 Austin Princess. 

Ha ha. Anyone under 30 wouldn’t get either of these references! 

• Haha 1