18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hammer them? We took two chances and they missed 2 sitters. They had all the ball and were the much better team that day. 

But we were a completely different team. That would never happen again. 

We were miles better first half than them. We missed a load of chances as well. Second half we were second best no doubt. But I agree with you we are different to now to then. 

5 hours ago, deeps said:

If we finish 5th (I’ll snap your hands off for it), playing home first worries me. Baggies can beat anyone on their day too. 

So can we. I agree id prefer second leg at villa park but if not sobe it we have nothing to fear of them

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We were miles better first half than them. We missed a load of chances as well. Second half we were second best no doubt. But I agree with you we are different to now to then. 

I can’t remember it being that way. I remember thinking how the hell are we winning 2-0. You could be right though. 

Our defence was such a shambles back then. It’s crazy how different we are now.

41 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I can’t remember it being that way. I remember thinking how the hell are we winning 2-0. You could be right though. 

I agree mate. That was a huge result for Leeds. Honestly had we won that one it could have been a season turning moment for us. who knows where we woukd be now had we won that.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We will beat Bolton. Millwall could be a bum biter. 

I would be disappointed if we didn't manage to beat both those teams. they're both crap, we're on fire and we really need the points on the board.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

We got absolutely battered first half and shouldn't in a million years have been two up. I remember watching them thinking they didn't belong in this poxy league.

• Like 3

Of all the teams I want to avoid, Boggies are top of the list. Johnstone, Gibbs, Hegazi, Phillips, Rodriguez and yes, Gareth Barry, are all top players at this level. They were far better than us at VP when they won 0-2. Add to that the unpredictability of derby games. 

I'd also want to avoid Leeds but I strongly suspect they'll go up in second. 

The reason i don't wanna play Leeds is their playing style, i can't remember us playing anyone that pressed us that much as they did at Villa Park.

It's a nightmare to play against. Even when they were 2-0 down they kept coming at us, forcing us back and eventually scoring 3 goals. I want to avoid them at all costs.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mazrim said:

I think a lot of fans fear Leeds because they had their best game at Villa Park. They're not that great. Had we started the season with Smith I reckon we'd have  finished above them.

Yeah there are easier fixtures and they could beat us, but I reckon they'd be more scared of facing us now than vice versa.

Blose beat them. Twice...

That wasn’t our best game, we’ve done that plenty of times this season. In fact if we could finish the chances we create we’d be champions already. Whilst you may be winning games now, i don’t think you’ve been playing better football than Leeds have. All year long. Over 2 legs I’d fancy us against anyone because over 2 legs teams won’t be able to keep us out. On a 1 off where teams sit back hoping to nick a win like sheff united did to us worries me. But if you come out to play we’ll exploit the gaps. Only West Brom at their place this season  have i really felt we didn’t deserve anything from that game 

21 minutes ago, BigRed said:

That wasn’t our best game, we’ve done that plenty of times this season. In fact if we could finish the chances we create we’d be champions already. Whilst you may be winning games now, i don’t think you’ve been playing better football than Leeds have. All year long. Over 2 legs I’d fancy us against anyone because over 2 legs teams won’t be able to keep us out. On a 1 off where teams sit back hoping to nick a win like sheff united did to us worries me. But if you come out to play we’ll exploit the gaps. Only West Brom at their place this season  have i really felt we didn’t deserve anything from that game 

I'd rather avoid Leeds by you going up via autos as you're one less threat. I wouldn't be as cocky as you're making out. We're currently the best team in the league at this moment and I do think we'd beat you over two legs. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Indeed. The thing that separates is how many times your day comes around. 

And to what degree you manage to get a result even if it's not your day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

The reason i don't wanna play Leeds is their playing style, i can't remember us playing anyone that pressed us that much as they did at Villa Park.

It's a nightmare to play against. Even when they were 2-0 down they kept coming at us, forcing us back and eventually scoring 3 goals. I want to avoid them at all costs.

And we're not the same team. At all. Ask Leeds if they want to play us now. If they keep coming at us, we'll kill them on the counter. Different ball game.

In any case. I think due to the injury problems hitting Sheffield Utd, Leeds will go up automatically. So won't be our concern. In the playoffs at least.

WBA I guarantee will be dreading facing us.

57 minutes ago, BigRed said:

A lot of your fans, including ones I know, and pundits reckon it was your best game. Regardless, you're stuttering to the finish and we're not. I think your bluster is misplaced.

• Like 1