18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

7 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Probably a safe bet that the bookies can afford to lose £21 in order to save the probable loss of over £200.

Tell 'em they're dreaming. £50 minimum, and that's because you're a generous bastard!

They are like the stingy banker trying to tempt me. Well I say NO DEAL!!! .(unless we get to the playoff final.)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They are like the stingy banker trying to tempt me. Well I say NO DEAL!!! .(unless we get to the playoff final.)

Even many of our support had written us off, and here you are with enough faith to put money on us to come good!

Obviously I hope we get promoted but I hope you get your bonus while we do it. A modest bet on the team you support paying out at 25-1, you beauty!

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Even many of our support had written us off, and here you are with enough faith to put money on us to come good!

Obviously I hope we get promoted but I hope you get your bonus while we do it. A modest bet on the team you support paying out at 25-1, you beauty!

Even I had written us off but looking at the date I had put the bet on after the Derby game.  Jack was back!

I wonder what the odds were before that. 

26 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

They can shake more than less than 3-1.

Also £9? Not a round tenner?

It actually £8.96. All that was left in my online account. 

• Like 1

On 25/03/2019 at 15:39, BOF said:

Didn't know where else to put this.  We need to start the 2nd half better than we do.  The first 15 minutes of the 2nd half are far and away our worst 15 minute period this season.

1st minute to 15th minute we've scored 13 and conceded 7 (+6GD)
16-30 Score 8 Concede 8 (+0)
31-45 Score 12 concede 9 (+3)
46-60 Score 5 concede 12 (-7)
61-75 Score 16 concede 5 (+11)
76-90 Score 14 concede 13 (+1)

We've looked slow after half time for years more often than not IMO

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

We've looked slow after half time for years more often than not IMO

You're right.  Last season was the best we've done at 10 for and 10 against.  Although for the preceding years we've been shite full stop :) 

On 25/03/2019 at 15:39, BOF said:

Didn't know where else to put this.  We need to start the 2nd half better than we do.  The first 15 minutes of the 2nd half are far and away our worst 15 minute period this season.

1st minute to 15th minute we've scored 13 and conceded 7 (+6GD)
16-30 Score 8 Concede 8 (+0)
31-45 Score 12 concede 9 (+3)
46-60 Score 5 concede 12 (-7)
61-75 Score 16 concede 5 (+11)
76-90 Score 14 concede 13 (+1)

Well I’m probably talking cobblers but......

I stand towards the back of the Holte Upper and enjoy a good sing song and atmosphere. 

Now , at Home, whether it’s a cause and effect thing...there’s no doubt the 2 most noisy periods of the game are typically the first 15 minutes, and the middle 15 of the Second Half.

Any initial buzz in the first half flattens out if we aren’t on top, and from 35 odd minutes onwards ( incredibly !) people are off to the bar.

Those same people often only get  back in their stride 10 minutes after half time.

And ( again incredibly to my good self) the last 15 is when people start to clear off.

Id say the above is pretty much the case Away aswell except for the last 15 minutes bit.

Like I say,  probably nothing but it did kind of fit..

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BOF said:

You're right.  Last season was the best we've done at 10 for and 10 against.  Although for the preceding years we've been shite full stop :) 

Must be something in that, something that can be changed.

I reckon give every player a full on slap to the face as they exit the changing room.......

• Haha 1

Ive got us needing at least 14 points to make playoffs (on goal difference) from the last 8 games using a simple algorithm

wins against blackburn, rotherham, bolton and milwall are a must!

2nd Leeds 89
3rd Sheffield Utd 88
4th WBA 83
5th Brough 75
6th Villa 71
7th Preston 71
8th Derby 71
9th Bristol 70
10th Forest 66
11th Wednesday 68

22 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think that Sheffield Wednesday game is huge

Whilst it is I think our home games and Rotherham/Bolton away are more important. It’s games we have the best chance of winning. 

The Sheff Wed game I would take a point.  Also looking at sheff wed’s run in and I think they will start dropping down the table. 

Against better teams Bruce sets up not to lose. Those 0-0’s won’t get them to the playoffs.

edit: what I am talking about?  Against every team Bruce sets up not to lose! It’s just against the better teams they also struggle to create chances.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

As we’re talking betting, I had £10 on Villa promotion and sha relegation at 34/1 at the start of the season. Crap odds considering how far out of the promotion picture we ended up at one point, but it’s still got an outside chance if small heath can somehow finally get flushed.

So Blackburn, Sheff Weds, Rotherham, Bristol, Bolton, Millwall, Leeds and Norwich to go. In the reverse fixtures we picked up eight points.

We need to practically double that to be in with a hope of playoffs. Feel we need to win five of the next six, get a point in the other one and then see where we are going in to the tricky final two games. There really is no room for error...

• Like 4

Without the international break I'd be really really confident about tomorrow. As such, I'm just confident. Was confident v Boro as well.

We are running through teams.

One game at a time, we can do this. We will be the ones in the playoffs everyone is terrified of.

10 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

So Blackburn, Sheff Weds, Rotherham, Bristol, Bolton, Millwall, Leeds and Norwich to go. In the reverse fixtures we picked up eight points.

We need to practically double that to be in with a hope of playoffs. Feel we need to win five of the next six, get a point in the other one and then see where we are going in to the tricky final two games. There really is no room for error...

You are right but if we break it down:

Blackburn, Shef Wed and Bristol we were awful under Bruce and most teams looked like beating us. 

Leeds, we had 3 RB’s in defence and a crocked Chester.

Norwich. We looked comfortable in the lead until a howler by Nyland.

Its all very different now. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa